Galaxy s compass not working correctly

Started by magiva, March 17, 2011, 21:16:17

magiva

Galaxy s compass not working correctly
It rotates but becomes inaccurate as I rotate.
Its also effected by tilting the phone even slightly
Ive tried other compass only apps to check and they work fine
  •  

Menion

Hi magiva,
  hmm someone also wrote me similar comment on market. Have anyone same problem on SGS? You say other aps works fine, weird.

You may try to calibrate it by rotating about every axis 1 or 2times. This helps me when compass have some issue.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Correct, turn the SGS all the axis x, y and z. It should work. For even better calibration you can move it in an imaginary "8" around all axis. Better watch out, that nobody is around you. It looks too funny, when someone does this  :mrgreen:
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

elmuSSo

What do you exactly mean "an imaginary "8" around all axis."?
  •  

berkley

Take your phone and draw a "8" in the air. Do this for every axis.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

elmuSSo

You should make some illustration of that, because it can be understand in a few different ways:)
  •  

userloser

Quote from: "menion"Hi magiva,
  hmm someone also wrote me similar comment on market. Have anyone same problem on SGS? You say other aps works fine, weird.

You may try to calibrate it by rotating about every axis 1 or 2times. This helps me when compass have some issue.

Ha! (flipping the phone once ... twice ... three times)

Ha! Thanks, that worked on a SGS 02B! Now I also know the answer to the question "why the compass sometimes works and sometimes doesn't".

BTW, eights (imaginary or real) are not necessary, just flip the phone three times along each axis and the magic happens.
  •