[Themes] - "outdoor" - new theme for openandromaps

Started by bm.ffb, December 19, 2013, 16:43:38

bm.ffb

outdated
NEW Version see http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4415.msg34548#msg34548

Dear friends of the openandromaps,

I use openandromaps since some time now and I am very enthusiastic about these maps. Therefore, I have developed a new theme, called "outdoor". The theme concentrates on details needed special for a variety of outdoor activities. I. e. it highlights water sources and drinking water taps, supermarkets and bakeries, hostels and campgrounds, as well as alpine huts. It will also show ski slopes and sledding areas (can be easily turned off by commenting the respective section in the .xml file). Likewise, bicycle routes can be shown by removing the comments.
The theme was also enhanced for the usage during a city trip using public transport. It will show subway lines (blue dotted) and tram lines (green dotted), each with all stations.

The theme was not developed from scratch. It is a compilation and enhancement of various existing themes.

Enclosed are three screenshots (taken on a Nexus 7) to show as examples the look in a mountain area, a "normal" landscape and a city area.

Enjoy.

== in GERMAN ===========================================================================

An die openandromaps Fan-Gemeinde,

ich nutze die openandromaps Karten seit einiger Zeit und bin begeistert. Deshalb habe ich ein neues/verändertes Theme für diese Karten entwickelt.
Es trägt den Name "outdoor". Der Schwerpunkt liegt auf der Hervorhebung von Details, die bei diversen Outdoor Unternehmungen wichtig sind (z. B. gute Darstellung von Quellen und Trinkwasserstellen, von Supermärkten und Bäckereien, von Hostels und Campingplätzen, von Berghütten und Unterständen). Das Theme enthält auch Pisten und Schlittenbahnen (beides kann leicht durch Auskommentieren in der .xml Datei weggenommen werden). So sind auch zur Zeit die Radrouten auskommentiert (aber im Theme vorhanden).
Auch für Städtereisen (mit der Nutzung von öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln) habe ich das Theme angepasst. Es zeigt U-Bahnen (blau gepunktet) und Tram-Linien (grün gepunktet) mit ihren Haltestellen (natürlich auch die Bushaltestellen).

Das Theme ist keine komplette Neuentwicklung, sondern entstand durch eine Zusammenstellung und Veränderung/Erweiterung von schon existierenden Themes.

Anbei gibt es zudem drei Screenshots (von einem Nexus 7), die beispielhaft die Darstellung von Bereichen aus den Bergen, "normaler" Landschaft und Städten zeigen.

Viel Spass damit.

outdoor_city

outdoor_landscape

outdoor_mountain
  •  

Christian

Thank you for the new theme. I tried it with the openandromaps and i looks very very nice. Fine colors and rare but important information: i like it. Especially the water springs are important to me.
Tomorrow i will check the xml file.
Thanx and Grüße von nebenan,
Christian
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Thank you. First impression is GOOOOOD! I checked out our skiing area Alpi di Siusi. Lots of extra info there.

And at home too. Supermarkets show names now etc etc. And lots of tracks I knew allready are visible at zoomlevel 17.

Nice job.

Ah, I should have kept my eyes open but unfortunatley there was no  .nomedia file in the package. So my gallery was cluttered again with all the symbols. Please put it in next time.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

How do I install the theme?

Got it. Just have to put all files in one folder.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Henk van der Spek

In directory:  Locus/mapsvector/_themes/Voluntary_Hike_UK
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

gynta