[APP] - version 1.0.x

Started by Menion, March 17, 2011, 19:57:37

Menion

Hi excellent community,
  so I already uploaded new FREE and PRO version on market. Hope that you'll enjoy it.

for all who help me, please read this, it's important for me!!

So, hope that all works fine for you after new map initialization. Don't forget to new function on offline maps (you can set center for map and then move on this center), also is added first attempt for arrow during map rotation and some small tweaks ...

And question is ... what now? You have count that I'll release new version with some fixs if will be needed. And then I really need some time on few other stuff. So expect slowly work on Locus during March and maybe at start of April. It bring enough time to find some troubles and think about next steps.

So, here is few possibilities.
- test and release Augmented reality addon
- test and release My Maps
- improved guiding ("navigation" on map, arrow, some better sounds, ...)
- support for another maps (maybe WMS service) or maps overlays (like traffic)
- some social services as berkley talk about somewhere?
- some support for aerial navigation, like HSI?
- any other tips?

16.3.2011 - Locus 1.0.x
already done but not published
  • online map selected on one click when only one online map of this type available
  • popup window on long click on map can be touched immediately now
  • when you save new point from long click on map, you can firstly edit it before save
  • fixed problem with displaying downloaded Bing maps and probably Yahoo maps also (this not tested, anyway use them anyone?? they're terrible)
  • fixed problem with not working multi-maps in one sub-directory

16.3.2011 - Locus 1.0.1, AR 0.1.5
Ready for testing? Fine ...

Solution for testing version
I was thinking about it and here is solution. Free testing version published here, will have SAME functionality as PRO version. This means also no advertisement. But this version will be time limited. Actual version is valid only until 25.3.2011. Then if will not be able to run and stop right after start. So, if anyone don't want to pay, he can also use this version. For those, who have payed version, this will not overwrite payed version and also not overwrite any settings in payed version! So is this good for you as testing version?

• added Russian translation! - thanks neserg, you're really fast :)
  • added possibility to hide some online maps in settings
  • added possibility to re-initialize offline maps by long click and choosing re-init from menu (I noticed some issue on market that offline maps not work. Don't know why but this should help with this)
  • moved rotation arrow (when you rotate screen) to top part
  • I also loaded here RC for augmented reality. I want to allow this addon for Free also but only for limited time (say after cca 1 minute, addon close itself and you'll be returned to map). Do you think it's now usable? Keep on mind that this is just a toy, not a regular and professional toll!
  • My Maps enabled here again but still only for testing purpose. Anyway I would like to add them directly to Locus, not just as addon. My Maps are really too much integrated to whole system that is very hard to create addon. Anyway about this later
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Betonar

I ideas mostlike differs from majority wishes but anyway....

-ability to import data from more then one GPX files to more then one categories AT ONCE - doing this everyday get realy boring/repetetive and this feature would make it more automated
-ability to postpone sleep mode during data importing
-ability to see atributes in geocaching "module"
-i would also very apriciated to see feature which would allow to download full listing + hint pictures, offline maps like c:geo does to cashes we have imported from GPX file

PS: I didn't expected to see PRO version so cheap ;-)
PS2: Personaly I prefer offline usage and don't seek feature which would consume battery like camera usage
  •  

Menion

he, so cheap? I'm glad you say this. I was really worried if this is not too much :)

- So, let's talk about it. Import few files as one is now possible if you compress them into zip file! Anyway they all will be imported into one category. How can I decide into which category which file? have you any imagination for this?
- when phone goes sleep, import is canceled?
- hmm attributes, full listing + hint. all this is imported from PQ files. Hmm maybe attributes aren't included there right? If you're using any other software like GSAK that prepare you data for import, send me some file from this. Maybe it include some more info then original PQ file.
  •  

jofre

Hi menion, I would still like to see possibility to do "google search" on POI item straight off the locus app, if possible :)  Is this planned? Thank you
  •  

Menion

let's test guys :)

EDIT: jofre, I had no plan for this. Hmm first I have to look if exist any API for this. But possible is almost everything :)
  •  

jofre

Thanks man
  •  

Betonar

Quote from: "menion"he, so cheap? I'm glad you say this. I was really worried if this is not too much :)
I was about to donate 2x-3xmore...

Quote from: "menion"- So, let's talk about it. Import few files as one is now possible if you compress them into zip file! Anyway they all will be imported into one category. How can I decide into which category which file? have you any imagination for this?
Well, I had no idea about that and it  solves (almost) it. I wants to use this for geocaching and if I do that number of cashes on screen grows and locus became laggy but it's usable. There are two solution I can think of:
- new menu where would be possible to specify which file to which category
- by file name. example file ABC to ABC category, ect
Quote from: "menion"- when phone goes sleep, import is canceled?
No, but import slows down
Quote from: "menion"- hmm attributes, full listing + hint. all this is imported from PQ files. Hmm maybe attributes aren't included there right? If you're using any other software like GSAK that prepare you data for import, send me some file from this. Maybe it include some more info then original PQ file.
Yep, atributes are missing in locus.
I meant full listing including pictures and hint(spoilers) pictures. Yes, hint(text) is includes I know
No, I don't use GSAK or anyother program, I use GPX files from gc.com. These files dont includes all pictures but c:geo can load trem from internet. Launch c:geo->all caches->click on left button->update all. I know it's too much coding...
  •  

Betonar

And I also found small bug in import.
If you try to import two GPX files in one zip file and some waypoints are includes in both files, Popup at the end of importing reports invalid number of imported waypoints. It counts those points twice
  •  

MedoMys

In version 1.0.0 Pro, there is the active GPS indicator on the top of display, no matter if I switch GPS on or off. Is GPS chip active and energy consuming or is that some graphics mistake ?
  •  

Menion

hmm you mean indicator in system status bar? That mean that GPS is still active and battery usage!! Be careful about this. How this happen? Can you simulate this state again?
  •  

MedoMys

Simulate ? In version 1.0.0 Pro it indicate always ! No matter if I switch GPS on or off in Locus. In version 1.0.1 Free it's correct, in versions 0.9.xxx too.
  •  

Menion

hmm weird, please try new market 1.1.0 version ;)
  •  

MedoMys

Test version 1.0.1 behaves correctly, but Free and Pro from Market shows GPS indicator always. Versions 1.1.0 too.
I don't know why ... some different settings between test and market version ? I'm only turning off GPS on GPS screen and any other settings I haven't found.
  •  

MedoMys

... and, I forgot, the main problem - in version 1.1.0 the offline maps aren't drawn on display  :o
  •  

Menion

What? OMG, I'm testing it a lot and no problem with maps and GPS!!! Anyone with same problem??
  •