MyTracks track unchecked after Locus restart

Started by franc, November 15, 2013, 15:29:07

franc

OK, thank you for the test. I will test this as well for some tracks.
One problem I have with locus tracking: the setting "continue track after Reboot" is missing. When I track, this happens often, that I have to change the battery while the track runs. This is one of the most useful features in MyTracks, the track just silently continues.
Possible to do this in locus at least manually?
I don't want to glue two tracks together.
The drawback in MyTracks of this setting is that the app runs a service all the time, I know.

By the way, I set the interval to 10 meter, because with 1 meter I would get much more points, just because the GPS signal is not that accurate. Am I right with this?
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Menion

hmm did you tried to start locus after you removed battery? Because Locus should notify you that there is some track that is recording but not yet saved in database, so you should simply tap "rec" and continue in recording. You just have to do it manually.

And 10 m is fine. I also recommend this for common usage
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on November 27, 2013, 12:41:05
4) about track record - I just recorded few minutes outside, then killed locus in system and after start, Locus notified that exists previous track record if you want to continue ... same should happen to you too
God heavens, I tracked, after a while I killed locus and it works:

Just that I press pause Burton and continue tracking perfectly.

So only the little backup problem now, which I can live with, using dropsync, or etc.
  •  

franc

My Tracks just has been overhauled in Google Play, dont know yet if it is worth a new try, after a very long time of stagnation.
I will test it a time and report then.
Maybe the inclusion into Locus is again useful :)

Later more...
  •  

Menion

Hmm seems they added just some sync mechanism for Google FIT. To be true, I hope there will be no serious reason for adding a support of My Tracks back to Locus :).
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on December 14, 2014, 13:22:43
... I hope there will be no serious reason for adding a support of My Tracks back to Locus :).
:)
Do you still think this App is so worst?
  •  

Menion

wait I hope I never told that I think My Tracks is bad app .. that's not true. Even I never used this app, I still think that it's very nice and mainly precisely wrote (from developer points of view) app, that inspired me in few ways. So I like it, really!

Problem was only, that developers from time to time changed it's API without notice to other devs, so suddently integration stopped to work. So I usually had only troubles with this app.

And I also believe that Locus is enough stable and functional, that My Tracks is no more needed. That's all ..
  •  

franc

I tried it some days and uninstalled it again as it uses too much battery. Much more now than locus.
  •  

Menion

really? hmm ... "battery consumption" is never-ending story and I always say - never trust battery monitors :). Once they say "this app is worst", second time they say "nono, this is even more hungry" :). Anyway, thanks for info ...
  •  

franc

A test with a short tracking. About hour.
My tracks even let locus behind and I never opened the app, just track in background!
Very much too much battery.
  •  

Menion

as I wrote many times ... "don't trust native battery monitor". Suggest to test "Battery monitor widget" or "BetterBatteryStats". Both free on Google Play.
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on December 28, 2014, 19:08:38
as I wrote many times ... "don't trust native battery monitor". ... or "BetterBatteryStats".
Yep. Know it well, good app, I use it sometimes. BUT: always since I used it, always I had SAME results, nearly same at least with the system battery stats. I mean same results pointing to the sucking apps, BBS doesnt show directly the consuming of apps, but Gsam does.
So me for my cents don't use it if I just want to make some aproximately measures.
If I want to check thorowly, I use BBS or Gsam both.
For me, obviously MyTracks has become a battery sucker, this was different before.
  •  

Menion

oki :). It maybe looks that I wants to protect My Track app, but from my own experience I also do not like complains that Locus consume 3 times more then different apps, where this opinion is based really only on stock battery monitor (mainly in old devices).
  •