HS-CAT Addon?

Started by jusc, November 10, 2013, 16:22:06

jusc

Hello,
does anybody know for what this addon is usefull?
I installed it with Locus taping the addon. But after installation, it crashes while searching for keywords.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

as I know, it is from Inspire company and it serve to search in wms maps catalog and some other catalogs where are registered spatial metadata .. so generally, for searching in metadata of available spatial data :) (more is in information directly in application)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quotemore is in information directly in application

Sorry "Information" is the wrong word.
I also have no idea whats going on with this "addon"  :-[

Menion

imagine some people collect all possible spatial metadata information at one place. Like list of WMS maps, WFS maps, some data provider services and more. And all these data publish on one place (not data itself, but just links to these data). They publish them under CSW format (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalog_Service_for_the_Web ) and this HS-CAT application allow to connect to any web site that provide these catalogs and search in them

So if you will for example define "map" into first edit field and in second chooser you choose "WMS", you should get list of WMS maps that have "map" in name or description ... as I see, there are mainly czech services, but at least for try it's enough. For example "letecká dopravní síť" looks funny :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

If there are no more informations and their web site is only in czech language, my suggestion is, that here is the place the Inspire company could explain their addon a bit.  ;D
Regards J.
  •