NORTH indicator on rotated map view

Started by svartbjorn, March 16, 2011, 22:35:02

svartbjorn

It would be very useful to have a NORTH indicator on the map when "Rotate map" is selected. I know there is a great compass screen, but then you need to switch back and forth between those two screens.
  •  

berkley

+1  :)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

ok guys :) I added one into app. Will be in final release but need better icon and maybe better position. We'll see ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

The latest release today has got an indicator, but it is pointing to the top of the screen no matter how the map is rotated.
  •  

Menion

Hmm it cannot :) For me works fine. You say that you rotate with map (by compass or manually) and this arrow appear on screen but all the time in same direction??
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "svartbjorn"The latest release today has got an indicator, but it is pointing to the top of the screen no matter how the map is rotated.

Did you try switching the "compass" on or off in the "GPS menu"?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

until problem will be solved, this works for me and berkley at least :) So is this okay? I was only think to move it to top left corner instead of left center. Anyway this is what you wanted, right? :)

EDIT: hmm when I think about it .. second question, what about something similar to compass in Augmented reality addon?
  •  

svartbjorn

It works for you, really?

I notice that the red arrow always point in my moving direction.
Here is what I do:
- Compass off.
- Tap the Rotate button/Rotate map on the main screen. The map then rotates so my GPS bearing is up. The red arrow pops up, but always point up, since that is equal to my bearing

- Compass on.
- The map now rotates so its north aligns with compass north. The red arrow now rotates, always aligning with my bearing (blue arrow).

So my conclusion is that the red arrow always aligns with my bearing, no matter what is selected. The red arrow is supposed to get fixed to the north of the map, right?
  •  

Menion

ehm, did I say something before? I though, we talk about showing bearing (joke, my mistake of course). Fixed now, thanks :)
  •  

svartbjorn

Updated with the latest version. Now it works! Perfect!!!
  •