User defined POI database

Started by dreamteam, November 02, 2013, 16:36:53

dreamteam

Hi,

not sure whether this is discussed already.

I want to use to make a catalog of my farmland. For example mark all fruit trees we have (apple, plum peaches, etc). So I would like to create a "Tree database" with userdefined icons for each type of tree but also the content of the database cells. For example to predefine the cell for the typ of tree with tree types I have, another cell should have a ID number, age, health, harvest over the years and much more.

Do I need to program such a thing or is there somewhere a database creator/editor which is allowing me such a thing on a user level?

Is there a recomendation for a icon creator program? That I can create my own icons for POI?

Another example would be a database with icons for the infrastructure of the farm land, such as springs or forest or feeding stations for the wild animals

At the end I want to synchronize the data with a PC or the Cloud that each family member could update the data and could add data, so that over time the information is growing

Best regards,

Claus
  •  

Menion

Hello Claus,
  what you wrote is from my point of view, very nice description of GIS usage. For creating some catalogs with own parameters, with own database schema, you'll need different program, not Locus now.

I have absolutely nothing, if you and other will discuss here this usage in different program, so maybe someone helps you with it.

Small secret is, that I'm currently starting work on special GIS version of Locus, but I think, it will take at least half an year till it will be in usable state
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dreamteam

Hi menion,

many thanks for your reply!

What does "GIS" mean?

Do you mean a separate add-on app for locus like the geocaching for example?

Best regards
Claus

Sent from Galaxy Note with Tapatalk

•  

tommi

•  

Menion

thanks tommi ... you may find a lot about it on internet. But generally GIS on mobile devices is exactly what you need - application for collecting, sorting and describing spatial data. Unfortunately for you, as I know, there is not a lot of useful apps for this purpose http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/12452/list-of-gis-applications-for-android-tablets ... but as I wrote, maybe anyone has possitive experience with any. And add-on - no no, I plan completely separate application, not just "add-on"
  •  

dreamteam

Quote from: tommi on November 03, 2013, 17:52:20
Quote from: dreamteam on November 03, 2013, 17:48:36
What does "GIS" mean?
Geographic Information System

Many thanks!
You are right - this sounds what I mean.

If you need a test person for the new version please let me know

Best regards

Claus

Sent from Galaxy Note with Tapatalk

•  

Menion

:) as I wrote, because Locus itself is still main priority, I plan some first versions maybe in june/july 2014. And because my time estimates are really bad, rather December 2014 ;)

EDIT: so I suggest to search for any other app that may fit your needs ..
  •