colour issue

Started by prawns, November 02, 2013, 05:10:56

prawns

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with picking colours

If I select to "navigate to" a place, the track appears in red, which is a bit of a problem as my recorded GPS tracks are all in red as well. So I go into the menu and change the colours

I change the settings here

but when i use navigate to....map center, it shows like this in red still (I tried restarting locus, still the same)

Also, When I export existing recorded GPX tracks, they export in blue colour  instead of the original red colour they are recorded in? (the menu setting for track recording colour is already set to red)

Not sure whats happening, Im running the latest pro version I downloaded a couple of days ago. Is there a way to reset everything? I am using brouter if that makes a difference or not

prawns

I just had a thought, is Brouter putting the temporary track it makes into my existing track folder I have for my recorded gpx files? (which is set to be red colour)

Menion

I'm sure it works correctly

1. color in navigation settings - result may be seen here for example here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:screens:navigation_screen ... it's a color of track when you have activated navigation on any track

2. color in track record settings has influence on track only during track recording. Once you save track to any folder, it use color of this folder

3. suggest to read this two manuals on color here http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/sections/200006571-Points-Tracks , it should help

4. there is also a settings in settings > misc, which affect base color that will be set on created tracks or temporary tracks, so it should be also your case

hope this helps
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

It helped confirm I wasnt doing anything wrong  ;D - so once I confirmed that -  I "reset preferences" then "clear data cache" then "clear map cache" and locus asked to restart (I love that the restart is now automatic with the 5 second timer  :) )

Once I reset all those settings and tried to navigate again - the navigation track all worked properly in purple again :)
Problem fixed thanks for your time - I may have broken it myself from playing in the config file earlier  :-[

Menion

hmm it's a little bit weird. I'm sure you problem had some logical explanation ... so maybe next time :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

If it happens again I will try and remember what I did, but its all working really good now - Even better than before!

I think using the reset buttons worked out very good for me - Locus seems to be running faster now and I notice theres nowhere near as many arrows on the track when the track is highlighted, so its not as confusing anymore having lots of arrows ontop of each other :)

Maybe I had a couple of issues until I updated and reset   - I have been playing with lots of settings while learning, so thats to be expected I guess. I think i got 99% of locus worked out nice now so there shouldnt be any more mistakes from a novice pressing all the buttons to see what they do :D