[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

balloni55

Hello menion,
thanks for new version :D
small problem in german language half text is obscured (Navigate Beta)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Eric Poulson

> 3.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.1
> new version (mainly bugfixes + USGS maps)

Thank you for adding the USGS maps!

Could you post or send me the xml code for these, so I can experiment with the various other layers available from nationalmap.gov?

Thanks again for my favorite app!
  •  

joeloc

The latest test version just expired :(.

And unfortunately, changing between pro & test/free is not really an option if you have a complex system setup. All external tools that connect to Locus / fire up Locus / start Locus with some gpx (or other) files / Tasker rules / whatever would need to be re-configured on every switch... unless somebody found a solution for this?

Is there any reason the beta versions replace the FREE version btw? Wouldnt it be more logical if they replaced PRO? They have the PRO feature set after all. Then we could simply continue using PRO from market if the latest beta expired without re-configuring all our external programs. Using FREE from market isnt an option due to missing features.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
please take a look on screenshot in german thread
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3563.msg25526#msg25526
in "Navigation BETA" the values of the red framed functions are wrong :-[
"time to target" seams to be the same value as "time to next junktion"
"time of arrival" seams to be the same value as "time"

Additional question, how does it work:
did calculated time values inside locus depend on what profil the track was created? hike/bike/car
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@balloni: thanks for screenshot with incorrect text in navigation dialog - fixed

@eric: I do not store definitions of maps in some xml files, they are intertaly coded inside Locus. Also keep in mind that since level 16, these maps use different mechanism that is not possible to use by "Locus custom online map (providers.xml)" system. If you want to play with these maps, I suggest to read this post, where is described how to add custom maps http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:custom_online_maps

@joeloc: I'm sure we discuss this more then once ...

anyway, my idea is to: keep Locus Pro from Google Play so you always have working version. Testing versions overwrite Locus Free, because almost all active users has Locus Pro so they have working and testing versions.

and last one: moving from Free to Pro or opposite is quite easy. Just do backup of settings in Backup manager. That's all. So I don't see reason why use Locus Free (testing), just in case you want to test some new feature

@balloni: thanks again, I'll check it. Times depend just on your average speed from last few previous seconds and time values that are received from MapQuest, CLoudmade etc. Hmm I probably see a problem. If I generate track manually, there are no times, so there will be probably need to define some expected average speed of your vehicle to compute these times ... EDIT: so yes, as I wrote. I improved this a little, so times to end will also be computed from average speed, but I don't think it's best and final solution, because these times will change a lot during a ride. We'll see ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

druki

Hello,
this weekend I played with Navigation Beta and brouter in car mode (and checking what instructions are given during driving a known route).
Automatic recalculation is done with brouter, but Navigation Beta is then not set anymore, it switches to track guiding automatically after recalculatin. Workarround is to stop guiding and to start Navigation Beta again for the new track. Could this be optimized?
Roundabouts seem to be a bit hard to handle (right, left, right with setting high amount of drivinginstructions). Is there a chance to recognize roundabouts and to inform about where I have to leave the roundabout (or could/should it be job of brouter to give this information to Locus)?
Idea for roundabout recognition in Locus:
As I saw in the generated and exported track, there are only coordinates of points and
a) no way to see directly whether this is a roundabout or not. Maybe with calculating and recognizing the curve which has a nearly rectangular change at beginning and end. (mind lefthandtraffic where the curve is the other way round).
b) no way to see how many or where the other exits are (to say "take third exit" ). But maybe it's a good idea (after roundabout recognition) to compute the angle between in and out of roundabout and say "leave at 3 o clock" (for leaving after a quarter circle) or "leave at 12 o clock" (for leaving after a half circle)...?
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on December 01, 2013, 08:39:10
and last one: moving from Free to Pro or opposite is quite easy. Just do backup of settings in Backup manager. That's all. So I don't see reason why use Locus Free (testing), just in case you want to test some new feature

Proper testing cannot be done by running an app just for a minute to "try a new feature". Sorry... but thats nonsense. People should use testing versions extensively and constantly and "in real world situations", everything else is mostly pointless.

And the problem is not moving settings around between free & pro, thats just a minor inconvenience. The problem is THE REST OF THE SYSTEM that is connected to Locus. Every single tasker rule, every file manager that opens gpx/kml, every web browser, everything that sends intents or something... and godknowswhat. This all develops into a HORRIBLE MESS when you have two Locuses in parallel and are forced to switch constantly.

Two Locuses in parallel are a major PITA unless you run a very simplistic setup and do not interface much with other software. But I guess you will never understand this... because you do not actually USE Locus, you only DEVELOP it :-).
  •  

Eric Poulson

Thanks menion for your quick reply!

In regards to the USGS maps from nationalmap.gov, you state:
since level 16, these maps use different mechanism that is not possible to use by "Locus custom online map (providers.xml)"

Since I can't do it via providers.xml, could you add a map for the "USGS Protected Area Owner (PADUS)" layer?  This shows public land areas, and would be very useful to many people in the western USA.
  •  

voldapet

@Eric,
I've quickly check the "PADUS" layer and it seems that data are available till zoom-level=13. Am I right or are there any data for more detailed zoom-levels? Zoom-layers 0-15 can be add into Locus via provider.xml as menion already mentioned.
  •  

Eric Poulson

OK, I'll attempt to add PADUS from nationalmap.gov in providers.xml

Thanks for your help!
  •  

CaptKaos2

Quote from: joeloc on December 01, 2013, 16:59:01
Quote from: menion on December 01, 2013, 08:39:10

Proper testing cannot be done by running an app just for a minute to "try a new feature". Sorry... but thats nonsense. People should use testing versions extensively and constantly and "in real world situations", everything else is mostly pointless.

And the problem is not moving settings around between free & pro, thats just a minor inconvenience. The problem is THE REST OF THE SYSTEM that is connected to Locus. Every single tasker rule, every file manager that opens gpx/kml, every web browser, everything that sends intents or something... and godknowswhat. This all develops into a HORRIBLE MESS when you have two Locuses in parallel and are forced to switch constantly.

Two Locuses in parallel are a major PITA unless you run a very simplistic setup and do not interface much with other software. But I guess you will never understand this... because you do not actually USE Locus, you only DEVELOP it :-).

Wow :o
I tend to agree with Menion on this. I don't want to mess up my working version of Locus Pro to find myself in the middle of Dartmoor with a test version that doesn't quite work (which has happened). In that case I switched back to Pro and was on my way again.
These are TEST versions and should be treated as such. 
  •  

Menion

so after some time, "testing version" as usually (so test as Free version, but works as Pro)

there are two interesting web sites where you may export recorded tracks and also improved handling with lines and areas on map. Btw. one tip - on long-click on green point (during "Add new route & measure") you may simply delete this point ;)
  •  

jajaballard

Ok, well done.
I did a quick test and ....it works!!!

I need to login for a second time to reach the "Accept Locus App" screen, but after that...perfect. Just as I expected.

Good work. Thanks a lot.
BTW: Where to place extra donations?  ;D
  •  

Menion

I have really slow upload speed, so it took around 10 minutes till version was ready. Also in case, someone downloaded versions immediately I published it and version will not work (just a black screen right during start), please download from same link new version again - it's fixed
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on December 12, 2013, 12:56:08
on long-click on green point (during "Add new route & measure") you may simply delete this point ;)
Ah, this is a real  improvement! Very nice that I can remove single points from a drawn track, not only the last point but now also in the middle and at the beginning.
But it does no recalculation of navigation in case this feature is activated which is my main usecase for "Add new route & measure".
Could you add this?
  •