[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

Menion

ah sorry, I forget to mention how to work with that "backup file"

So, to fix problem with logging a caches

1) download file from attachment and put it to Locus/backup directory
2) start Locus and then start menu > more > Backup manager
3) choose Restore and pick this file
4) check Settings and after that, just restart Locus (it should be done automatically)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos2

Cheers Menion ,that worked a treat. As always great support.

CK
  •  

PeterPablo

When I added a POI by searching with Google Places the name field was filled with HTML markup (i.e., &amp; <b> ... </b>, etc.).

On a related subject:
The Google Places search respects the current area I am viewing and offers me results in its vicinity (try searching for "Hilton" while viewing San Francisco). When I use the standard search ("address and place") with the same term "Hilton" the results I am being offered are spread all over the USA. Could you please make the OSM search behave more like the google search concerning local proximity? The same holds true for the Geonames search.

Thank you!
(tested with current release)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on November 17, 2013, 15:17:11
hmm, I miss that it's already 1.0.2. So even "memberonly" is from this new schema? Is it already official or it's just some "beta"?
I'm trying to find out the status of 1/0/2.
So far, it looks bad. PQ's do not use it. You cannot set higher than 1/0/1 in your geocaching profile.
But "customcoords" would be a nicer solution to mark own coordinates than a final waypoint, IMHO.
  •  

Robin99

QuoteSeems this happen to users, that never logged a cache before with current version of Locus. So not to current users, but only to new one (or users that do not used this feature for a long time).
I can't confirm this. I use this functionality quite often.
  •  

Menion

oki, thanks for info. I this case, I'll prepare fixed version sooner then in the end of week

@PeterPablo: html codes removed, truth is they have no sense. Anyway even if your "search suggestion" sounds good, I'm unable to do this, because Google API do not allow such request.

@stebu, balloni: so from where comes this new beta specification for Geocaching extension for GPX 1.0.2?
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2013, 12:05:09
@stebu, balloni: so from where comes this new beta specification for Geocaching extension for GPX 1.0.2?
I do not know about 1/0/2 (Balloni?)
But I remember that a GS lackey gave a link to 1/0/1 on a conversation forum. But even that was not official.

BTW I can't generate the red star? I have included a final waypoint to my GPX exactly the same as a test cache that I exported from Locus?
  •  

PeterPablo

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2013, 12:05:09
@PeterPablo: ... I'm unable to do this, because Google API do not allow such request.
It is the other way round. Google already behaves good, meaning that it does respect the currently displayed area.
The standard search by Locus (probably based on nominatim) though does NOT respect the currently displayed area and offers results from almost "everywhere". Are you able to improve that search?

This should probably be discussed in a separate topic since it is no regression from the current version.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteso from where comes this new beta specification for Geocaching extension for GPX 1.0.2?
in internet i found this link (see post 131) but i doesnt recognice that they speak from  V1.0.2 :-[ and it is not available since jet

In PMO cachelistings you find between line 500-510
Quote<p class="Warning NoBottomSpacing">This is a Premium Member Only cache.</p>

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

QuoteBTW I can't generate the red star?
with V 2.17.1.3 i have a stange behavior:
PMO tradi i have found (yello smily), when i mark it as "computed" the icon get a crown and no red star. ???
PMO tradi i have not found (green icon), when i mark it as "computed" the icon get no crown but a red star :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@PeterPablo: hmm separate topic is usually better, but leave it for now. You're correct. Nominatim (used by MapQuest) has optional parameter to specify prefered area for search. So added

@Balloni, Stebu: oki, so I'll leave it for now, till 1.0.2 will be official. Btw. how is it possible that you see smiley as icon and also star for "computed"? Because smiley should be only one what you should see.
  •  

PeterPablo

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2013, 16:30:56
@PeterPablo: ... Nominatim (used by MapQuest) has optional parameter to specify prefered area for search. So added
Great! This will certainly improve the quality of search results. Acutally this behaviour annoyed me from the begining and only recently I noticed that the Google Search returns more meaningful results. I only brought this up because of the HTML markup "annoyance". So -- thank you very much!
  •  

joeloc

menion... can you please move to the alps? or any other place where you are surrounded by mountains? thanks :).

•  

Menion

•  

balloni55

Quotehow is it possible that you see smiley as icon and also star for "computed"?
you misunderstood, i wrote
Quotewhen i mark it as "computed" the icon get a crown and no red star.
The smiley get a crown after i marked it as computed.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •