[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

balloni55

Re: kmz ist modified after export
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 15:01:33 »
thank you Wolfgang, problem "solved" as I wrote over email. If you will later test functionality on testing or publish version, you will be kind
now the exported kmz include all files! ;D
perfect work! thank you menion :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion
- fixed small problems with "navigation generator"
Thank you, now for the first time the navigation generator seems to work exactly according to Willy's (user 0815) and my specification. For the moment I can't find any more errors.
Well done!

Now we're waiting for improvements regarding TTS output in navigation (not anymore restrictions to 80, 50 m, etc.) ...

•  

joeloc

Switching maps is sill buggy with zoom levels:
I am on a rmap with max zoom level 9 but zoomed in to 9/800%. Now I change to another rmap with maximum zoom level 15. Instead of displaying the new map with 13/100%, Locus stays at 9/800%. It should obviously increase zoom level and decrease pixel zoom as far as possible with the new map.

•  

Menion

@balloni: I was checking GPX in PQ files, and I see no clue if cache is "premium only" or not. Is there some tag, do you know? I think that not ... and what about the crown, is it clear and visible? I had no better idea then this :)

@Henk: I'm always trying to help, you know and I think that in this case, you blame me too much without good reason. Small problem with Locus is that I was not professional developer when I started to do Locus, so I had no clear idea how to do it. Result is, that even now, I sometimes suffer because part of old code is really bad. Because of this, I start to improve part of Locus that already worked and was well tested. Exchange of this, is better, faster code with possible bugs. But back to topic

1) new popup menus - I'm sure, that most of you like new popup menus as I do. They're bigger, more "Androidis", faster, better looking and mainly, it's possible to tap on correct button even during walk. Issue you have is partially in Android. I already hacked it and seems that your device is only one, that suffer with this. I'll look at it, if there is any place for fix

2) "Custom screen" switch - send me please your custom screen configuration

3) Quick switch - you probably miss it, but in settings is changed enabling/disabling of notifications. It's separated to more items, so old "Quick switch" buttons aren't anymore usable, because there is not just one switch in settings, but more. If you try new test version, you'll see that I spend on it some time and all switches are for you, ready to use also in "Quick switch"!

@joeloc: perfect, thank you (confirmation about missing waypoints)

@balloni: I'm glad it works. I think it's quite useful now, because there is almost nothing you loose from KMZ during import/export. Nice ...

@tommi: perfect. So TTS is next step ;)

@joeloc: hmm agree, I'll check it

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

•  

Henk van der Spek

Ok Menion, you convinced me again. Thanks for the explanation and sorry for being a "moody" old man that can not keep up with all the fast changes.
1. Pop under is no problem in landscape.
2. It's the same for all Custom Screens. I just use the standard ones (called skins when you select) and refreshed them by hitting "Install default". I can not find any specific settings for CS,
3. Yeah, totally missed that one. Just had to add the new notification sound button to my Quick Switch. (And when it stopped after one beep, I found the (new) repeat setting, so all solved, great.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

rvheddeg

@Henk & Menion: About " (missing) of guiding sound on/off in the Quick Switcher": It was completely gone in the latest release, I have searched like crazy for it. I found now that it's being renamed to "Waypoints", but the accompanying explanation makes no sense (in Dutch). Translated in English it says:"Here you can set how the track messages work". That's not correct, you can only enable or disable the guiding sound.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

You can also tap on the text left from the on off button to get the beep settings menu.
  •  

joeloc

More last minute bugs: Start a navigation for a region that you have downloaded altitude data. Show the information window for the generated track and view the altitude profile. The X-Axis unit texts are majorly messed up and overwritten with strings that seem do come from the navigation description, eg ("<b> left)...

•  

Menion

Quote from: Henk van der Spek on November 13, 2013, 21:24:25
Ok Menion, you convinced me again. Thanks for the explanation and sorry for being a "moody" old man that can not keep up with all the fast changes.
1. Pop under is no problem in landscape.
2. It's the same for all Custom Screens. I just use the standard ones (called skins when you select) and refreshed them by hitting "Install default". I can not find any specific settings for CS,
3. Yeah, totally missed that one. Just had to add the new notification sound button to my Quick Switch. (And when it stopped after one beep, I found the (new) repeat setting, so all solved, great.

no problem ;)

ad 2: one more idea. Do you have on your device hardware "menu" button? If so, try it

@joeloc: long story, I know ...
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Ad 2. Awesome, dedicated Android menu button works perfect!  :)
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
QuoteI was checking GPX in PQ files, and I see no clue if cache is "premium only" or not. Is there some tag, do you know? I think that not ... and what about the crown, is it clear and visible?
yes, i found some Info
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzM5DAJdpBIgMjRjZDA5OTctZjkzMS00ZDk5LWFmM2YtY2ExODJjZTA0MmVm/edit
see the .doc and the example.gpx
but this tag memberonly="true" i cant find in PM only caches :o
How du you recognice PM only caches, if they are importet via GC4L?
The crown ist the coronation ;D perfect solution!
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@henk: perfect. In this case, you device use some very modified android distribution, so Locus was unable to "hack" top three dot button (which is originally available only on devices without! hardware menu button). So you will have buttons unders this HW button on almost all screens! Keep this in mind please

@balloni: nice pack of attributes etc. And also thanks for help - GPX parser improved, so it will work in final version
  •  

rvheddeg

@Henk: "You can also tap on the text left from the on off button to get the beep settings menu."
This doesn't work for me in the "Quick Switch" in 2.17.1.3
  •  

Menion

not in quick switch. Henk talk about main settings. Quick switch buttons are really just toggle buttons - so buttons with only on/off state, nothing more
  •