[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

Henk van der Spek

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

joeloc

When multiselecting tracks in a long (40 entries) tracklist, the list scrolls around aimlessly. I think it mostly ends up all the way at the bottom. That is a major usability problem, because I always have to scroll back up to where I was selecting tracks. The list must not move a single pixel when I select/deselect tracks.

If you can not reproduce this, I will try to figure out when exactly it happens. It seems to depend on how many other tracks are selected and where in the list they are.

Oh... and did I mention that multiselecting must be instantenous? Anything delays is a massive UI blunder. Hm... yes... I think I may have mentioned that a few times here and there. Once more can not hurt :-).
  •  

joeloc

I can not see any of my Waypoints on any online map. They are all perfectly visible on vector maps and rmaps but disappear as soon as I choose any online map (eg google hybrid or bing or whatever). They appear again when changing back to a vector map or rmap. That seems to be a new bug in 2.17.1, I remember seeing all my points nicely on online maps.
  •  

joeloc

Correction: The Waypoints disappear on online maps if zoomlevel is 14 or higher. With lower zooms, everything works as expected. If you cannot reproduce this, maybe its a memory problem with too many tracks selected? Although I dont have that many visible at the moment. 
  •  

joeloc

Correction: Waypoints disappear randomly also with other maps, not just with online maps.
  •  

joeloc

Apparently, all POIs disappear whenever I change the map. When I change back to the previous map afterwards, the POIs appear again. Also, when I disable/enable the POIs in the POI list, they come back. But as soon as I change the map, they disappear again.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: joeloc on November 13, 2013, 08:14:21
Apparently, all POIs disappear whenever I change the map. When I change back to the previous map afterwards, the POIs appear again. Also, when I disable/enable the POIs in the POI list, they come back. But as soon as I change the map, they disappear again.
I think this is the same issue I reported previously - temporary hiding of waypoints when changing between different map formats, usually from OruxMaps to other format in my case, either direction. For some reason this doesnot occur when changing vector <=> GEMF.
  •  

Menion

So last testing version before release. I hope, that no more serious problems is there. If anyone wants to test, it's last chance.

@bucky kid, dashboard problem: as usually, I am unable to simulate this problem. Without known "certain circumstances", hard to do something

@henk: problem with button on custom screen: same as bucky, unfortunately on three devices, no problem. Allow your skin to hide this top bar? Isn't there any connection?

@joeloc: very nice report, thank you. "They disappear randomly" - amazing bug report :). Fortunately Peter wanted to play and after a while he was able to simulate this problem. So ... should be fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

I wrote this today in the German forum:
I cannot export a track to dropbox as KML, only as KMZ because the checkbox is set to zipped and grayed out.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI cannot export a track to dropbox as KML
Hello Tramp
take a lock on the new 2.17.1.3-RC, for me it is possible to deselect "pack as kmz" and also in the 2.17.1
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Now i got it ;)
if you select in "Export Path" sdcard/locus/export, than you are able to check/uncheck  "Pack as kmz"
you also check "share exported data", klick on "Export" and select Dropbox. The exported file is as you want. :)
if you select in "Export Path" "Dropbox" and start export, the kmz button is greyed and checkt, even you have it unchecked befor :o
It is a littlebit complicated, but try it ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Quote1) added "Premium only" to point filter
2) improved icon on map and when you tap on point. Now there is a small crown symbol, what you think? Better?
http://postimg.org/image/kwlkm59ql/
Hello menion,
"Premium only" filter works perfect :D
importet with GC4L the premium  caches are displayed with a crown, also when i store them  8)
but the imported "premium caches" via PQ are not displayed with the crown ::). For filter it would be perfect they are also visible with the crown
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: menion on November 13, 2013, 17:45:45
So last testing version before release. I hope, that no more serious problems is there. If anyone wants to test, it's last chance.
@henk: problem with button on custom screen: same as bucky, unfortunately on three devices, no problem. Allow your skin to hide this top bar? Isn't there any connection?

I do not understand. SKIN? I switched to full screen but there is no change for this problem.

In general, also 2.17.1.3 still leaves me with several problems, compared to 2.15.1
It seems nowadays every new version is worse for me. And don't start about "older phones"  :'( 

When we can we test as much as we can and yes I had never time for 2.16.1 but what's the use for again and again a new feature every month if the basics get crumpled.
The pop under of menu's, the dashboard switching and the (missing) of guiding sound on/off in the Quick Switcher are all examples. Don't rob long time users of essentials, please.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

joeloc

The POIs no longer disappear in latest version. Much better :)
  •