[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

Menion

ah damn. I also received one same report over email and was confused why this. Video is answer - map rotation. Damn, it's too serious problem, so I'll have to release new version during a weekend. So everything you or others will want fix, write me ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

In the file browser, the year number is shown by 2-digits('13') instead of 4-digits('2013') if system language is set to other than English(UK). Could you modify to show 4-digits year for all languages?
  •  

Menion

hmm for this I have to change formatting from 'short' (it's now - looks like "9/11/13, 15:04") to 'medium', that looks like Sep 11, 2013, 15:04 - I hope this will not be a problem, so done
  •  

ta-ka

Thanks for the quick improvement. I hope the 'medium' format will not be a problem for everyone.
Could you please tell me how the format looks in the case of Japanese language?
If it looks something like this ('9月 11, 2013'), it is very bad format and should be avoided.
I hope you find the format like this ('2013/9/11').
  •  

Menion

it looks like on screenshot, possible? (hope I correctly choose Japanese in settings)

btw. "Dropbox" is just "Dropbox" or should I put it also to crowdin?
  •  

ta-ka

The year/date format is perfect. Thank you very much! :)
And the 'Dropbox' is good expression for Japanese. Thanks.

By the way, about crowdin, "notify_next_point_desc" seems missing. Instead, the old "pref_guiding_track_notify_on_next_point" is used for the description of the "notify_next_point".
  •  

brymcbride

I noticed a strange bug when exporting to Dropbox. If the export path is Dropbox and the export type is KML/KMZ, you cannot uncheck the "Pack as KMZ" option. However, if you switch the export path to local, you can uncheck the "Pack as KMZ" option as expected.
  •  

Menion

it is not a bug. I just force you to export only as KMZ format, not just KML. In KMZ are packet all images, data, attachments in one file and this is the reason
  •  

brymcbride

Thanks menion. Unfortunately this is a huge limitation for my desired use. I'd really like to be able to export a KML file to my Dropbox folder, so it can be utilized in a live web map. Most web mapping API's are JavaScript-based and cannot unpack/parse the zipped KMZ format. Any hope you might be able to re-activate this feature for Dropbox exports? Please and thank you :)
  •  

stebu

Hi Menion!
I already reported this problem earlier with a download http-link directly to Dropbox.
In this version downloading a zipped file "new40.zip" will show in the cancel/import prompt top line
"Import 96ae9fba.zip".

I would prefer tho original file name!
  •  

matmas

Hi All

I'm using Locus for a couple of month since now and I'm very happy with it.
I like a lot the navigation feature because I can plan my bike rides around my town very carefully and the follow them just pumping on pedals!

I noticed a problem wit the last versions of locus (both pro and free). I cannot save tracks with navigation instructions attached if longer than few kilometres: the app crash without saving. I could plan 100+ km tracks until the end of September so I think until version 2.14. I'm using a GS2 with android 4.1.2. and tha crash happens with Mapquest source of navigation. How I can help more? I saw that catlog does not work any more with my non rooted device.

thank you for your work!

•  

KaHeMu

Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: matmasHow I can help more? I saw that catlog does not work any more with my non rooted device

Hello matmas
read also:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:how_to:issue_reporting
and
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:how_to:creation_log

greetings

Menion

@brymcbride: I'm sorry, but I do not have now any simple solution. packing to KMZ is required due to ability to export a lot more then just simple file, so till I find any working solution, "Pack to KMZ" will be required

@stebu: uff, hard task but probably done

@matmas: I'm sorry for that, but as gynta wrote, log is needed in this case because I'm unable to simulate your problem on my device
  •  

joeloc

In 2.16.0.11, when I change from a raster map with an odd zoom (eg level 11 / 120%) to a vector map, Locus does not refresh the display. The map screen stays ALL WHITE. The new vector map is only loaded after another manual zoom (eg to level 10 or 12).

That is a new bug in 2.16.0.X, I cannot remember this happening before.
  •