[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

KaHeMu

Quote from: joeloc on November 09, 2013, 20:38:15
I can still make Locus force-quit and die by enabling a few (15 or so) multi-thousand point tracks and zooming around on the map, mostly when I am zooming in "too close". You are probably going to tell me that is my fault for using tracks with 8000 points each. And I will then most likely reply that I do not what I get when I download stuff from the internet. I just click on a zip and import it to Locus and display it on the map. Scrolling is still quite nicely with those monsters, zooming is mostly unusable and tends to crash.

No idea what the best practice is to handle "monster tracks", but they are a reality "out there". And when you just click on links in tour portals, you dont even know that you are going to import 50k points.

It is quite an undertaking to make that stuff "usable" in Locus. Like export every track manually, upload to gpsvisualizer.com, do a point reduction, download again, import again, delete original, etc.

Maybe it would be good if Locus had its own point reduction function? You could offer it manually as a menu item in track manager and you could allow configuring a MAX NUMBER OF POINTS PER TRACK ON IMPORT. The latter would protect your users from messing up their databases and usability by accidently importing monster-tracks.

Hi joeloc,

preparing for a long hike next year I have to manage a lot of tracks from gpsies.com and others just as self generated tracks with brouter. The most important from them I added to a whole track with about 55.000 points, 2200 kms. Handling all the tracks at once (66 tracks, ca. 100.000 points) is very slow, but there wasn't any crash with the tablet.
Maybe it is a matter of performance of the device?

Regards,
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

"Snap to track" -  I forget to mention.
it's a new settings in "Navigation" settings, that allow to keep navigation (orders etc.) but see on map your exact location and rotation define by device compass and not by track itself.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion"Snap to track" -  I forget to mention.
and forget it in crowdin?

after new fresh install
the default standard map should be the offline world map.
Currently it'is a useless neighboring state onlinemap - my position is in the void

stebu

Problem with attributes:
The following attributes are not displayed (just a blank place):
{groundspeak:attribute id="1" inc="1"}dogs{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="6" inc="1"}kids{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="8" inc="1"}scenic{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="7" inc="1"}onehour{/groundspeak:attribute}

The following are OK:
{groundspeak:attribute id="42" inc="1"}firstaid{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="40" inc="1"}stealth{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="25" inc="1"}parking{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="14" inc="1"}night{/groundspeak:attribute}
{groundspeak:attribute id="15" inc="1"}winter{/groundspeak:attribute}

The list is not complete, but I thought there is a pattern for debugging.

So, is my GPX bad, should I use two digit numbers (01, 05, 07 ...) or is Locus broken (V 2.17.1 pro) ?
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks, I know :)

@stebu: already fixed in test version, thank anyway
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: gynta on November 10, 2013, 21:32:01
after new fresh install
the default standard map should be the offline world map.
Currently it'is a useless neighboring state onlinemap - my position is in the void

Or maybe some OSM online map thats always available? Most new users will only have seen google maps before and expect to zoom in to street level. If that only produces pixel trash in default Locus, they might throw it away immediately.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Here's yet another bug I found: new dashboards on some conditions don't show anything (regardless which one I choose). After restarting Locus it's OK.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: joeloconline map thats always available?
ONLINEmaps are not always available  :P

suggestion
first start -> Locus check on or offline modus  -> Locus select online OSM or offline world map.

stebu

Quote from: gynta on November 11, 2013, 23:28:19
suggestion
first start -> Locus check on or offline modus  -> Locus select online OSM or offline world map.
Fixed it for you :)

edit by gynta
uups  ;D thx
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: Bucky Kid on November 11, 2013, 20:43:08
Here's yet another bug I found: new dashboards on some conditions don't show anything (regardless which one I choose). After restarting Locus it's OK.

I can not confirm this but I do have a problem with Custom Screens. I loaded them all but i can not switch. Long press gives "edit right side bar"'. Where is the menu "thingy" for the Custom screen switch?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

balloni55

Hello Henk,
if you have loaded one CS on top of the screen on right side is a 3-dotbutton,  klick "skin select" and than you can change to another CS
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

joeloc

I have a general usability problem with twofinger taps (zoom out) and threefinger taps (show toolbars). These actions also seem to trigger track and point selection, which is a bad idea. My maps are usually full of custom tracks and waypoints and thus multifinger taps almost always select stuff that I do not want.

Is there any chance to NOT use multifinger taps for selection? Thanks.

Sorry for posting this here... but getsatisfaction is still considered abandonded?
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: gynta on November 11, 2013, 23:28:19
Quote from: joeloconline map thats always available?
ONLINEmaps are not always available  :P

suggestion

Too complicated and confusing. Just behave like google maps (with osm) and you ll be good. User know that their phone "doesnt work" when theyre not online. Users do not know that they might have to "switch maps manually" to zoom in, even after they went online. Switching maps is not a concept that a new Locus user knows about. He has never done it before. He probably WILL know about being online & offline though.

It s quite a philosophical discussion anyway, since the user has just downloaded Locus when he starts it for the first time. So he WILL be online in 99% of all cases.

But hey... I couldnt care less about a fresh install start. I d much rather see an OpenGL version with triple speed :-)).

•  

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: balloni55 on November 12, 2013, 08:28:52
Hello Henk,
if you have loaded one CS on top of the screen on right side is a 3-dotbutton,  klick "skin select" and than you can change to another CS
Thanks Ballony for confirmation. I checked with my previous version (2.15.1) and there is (another) select symbol. But 2.17.1 and 2.17.1.1 (test version) are not showing the three dot select symbol in the top bar right side!! So I can not switch to antoher Custom Screen.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

balloni55

QuoteBut 2.17.1 and 2.17.1.1 (test version) are not showing the three dot select symbol
for me in both versions the button is visible

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •