maximum gradient and track arrows

Started by prawns, October 29, 2013, 23:47:26

prawns

Hopefully a easy one for you :)

Can I get "maximum gradient" added into this screen?

I use Locus for proper offroad 4wding, involving very very steep hills sometimes, with Locus at the moment its virtually impossible to figure out the maximum gradient due to the gradient on the "chart" showing as only 1 pixel wide (hard to select the max gradient myself as I keep missing the bit I want to select even if i zoom right in)

Too hard - I have to zoom right in alot to have any chance of selecting the bit I want:

Having a "max gradient" also on the information screen would fix that straight away for me :)

One other small issue (well not really a issue, just a little annoying) Is the track arrows, if I do the same track a few times the arrows all overlap and become illegable - Is there a way to turn track arrows off so I can actually see the track and not just arrows?  Its becomming more and more a issue as I add more and more tracks which start at similar locations (I like to show all my tracks all the time, as its too hard turning them on and off while driving and bouncing around everywhere with a dozen other vehicles following me)

Menion

Hi,
not so simple

currently I plan to change this information screen to something more usable and better looking. Good inspiration is this post from joeloc https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/unify_track_information_and_track_editing_in_a_single_view so it will be something similar. So it's answer to first two parts - I don't want to do extra work on current screen, because it will change

about arrows - you can turn them off globaly in config.cfg file. Check this if you don't know it http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200029201-Configuration-File , parameter map_items_track_highlight_enabled
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

Joeloc has some great ideas there I look forward to the future :)  Thanks for the information on the config file I didn't even know it was there lol

Christian

Quote from: menion on October 30, 2013, 14:27:45
Hi,
not so simple

currently I plan to change this information screen to something more usable and better looking. Good inspiration is this post from joeloc https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/unify_track_information_and_track_editing_in_a_single_view so it will be something similar. So it's answer to first two parts - I don't want to do extra work on current screen, because it will change

Great.  For implementing this i suggest to make the place for Description <desc> and Comments foldable. It will save a lot of space.
Looking forward for those new features.
Christian
  •  

Menion

•  

Christian

Is there any place for other fields like author, source, ...? Foldable for sure...
;)
  •  

Menion

keep ideas in mind. Firstly is needed to create new design for points/tracks, then we should discuss details.

Anyway I think, this should be possible in same way as url/phone/email in points
  •