A couple of questions fora newbie

Started by LostInSpace, March 15, 2011, 22:27:55

LostInSpace

Hi Menion, first of all thanks for a great application.  I have evalauted Maverick, OruxMaps, Backcountry Navigator, GAIA, Trimble  and this is the only app that was reliable, had decent maps, easy to use etc.

I have a few questions, I was not able to find the asnwers to on the web site/forum:

I am using version 0.9.28

1)  Is there a simple one button create a POI/Waypoint  (simialr to the Garmin handhelds "Mark Waypoint" button)
2) When creating a POI/Waypoint, is there a way I can change the name of the point when I create it?  I find I have to search the database, change the icons to be different (because I do not know which is which), then look at the map to see what point I want to change, then back to the database and change the info.
3) when exporting tracks, is there anyway I select which tracks to export rather than all of them?
4) I have several maps from a private source (not garmin) that are in Garmin IMG format.  Do you know if anyone has a technique that I can use to convert them to use in Locus?
5) Where is your paid app?  I cant find it in the market.

thanks
Don
(Canada)
  •  

berkley

Hi Don,

I'm trying to answer a few of your questions. I'm pretty sure, Menion corrects me, if I'm wrong somewhere...

1) The fastest way right now to create a POI is done with 5 clicks.
- Fast access on right panel for POI
- Choose category
- Click "+" on the lower left corner
- Choose the kind (GPS, Map Center, Adress,...) for the POI
- Confirm the Name of the POI

2) Sure, you can change names of POI right when you create it. When Locus asks for the name of the POI, just click in the field with the coordinates. Your keyboard should now pop up.

3) No, not yet. Right now you can choose to export only one (in tracks menu) or all of them (export data).

4) Don't know ;) => Menion

5) Not available right now. => Menion

Hope this helps a little bit...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "LostInSpace"4) I have several maps from a private source (not garmin) that are in Garmin IMG format.  Do you know if anyone has a technique that I can use to convert them to use in Locus?

Locus map sources are raster maps.  P. e. Openstreetmap maps for Garmin devices are (mostly? / all? ) routeable vector maps as I know. If your Garmin maps are also vector maps there is no way to convert them to bmp or tiff, I think.
J.
Regards J.
  •  

LostInSpace

Thanks for the info.

I have found a program called GPSMapEdit which is able to load Garmin maps, and output a variety of formats.  Garmin, Lowrance, Navital also Oziexplorer - could any of these be convtered for use in Locus?  Perhaps with Mobac?
  •  

berkley

These are good news for you... Go for OziExplorer and have a look at these topics:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  i don't know, because i'm not using this software. If he is able to convert your maps into raster images or at least into ozi explorer file, there is chance that you can get them into Locus
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •