Star rating for tracks

Started by Christian, October 10, 2013, 14:14:51

Christian

Hi guys,
i would like to suggest to introduce a kind of star rating for stored tracks.
Using over 400 tracks make it difficult to remember good / medium / less good tracks.
Three light yellow stars _behind_ the name of the track would be useful. And the option to set rating in track manager.
Prio: 99

Thanks,
Christian
  •  

alice

I use Locus for proper offroad 4wding, involving very very steep hills sometimes, with Locus at the moment its virtually impossible to figure out the maximum gradient due to the gradient on the "chart" showing as only 1 pixel wide (hard to select the max gradient myself as I keep missing the bit I want to select even if i zoom right in)

Menion

Hi Christian, and also alice,

star rating ... interesting idea, we will for sure keep it in mind. It's true that such "flag" should be useful

@alice: we have currently in mind improving of track and also a point detail screen, so we will then think if there is enough place for such details (min/max gradient). For now, it is not a value that deserve precious place in track detail screen, sorry
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

The @Alice should read @prawns hahahhaha

If you copy and paste one of my posts I write Alice, perhaps it should read like

Originally posted by Prawns a few days ago

"I use Locus for proper offroad 4wding, involving very very steep hills sometimes, with Locus at the moment its virtually impossible to figure out the maximum gradient due to the gradient on the "chart" showing as only 1 pixel wide (hard to select the max gradient myself as I keep missing the bit I want to select even if i zoom right in)"

I dont mind, but its kind of wierd to see one of my posts copied word for word from somebody else hahahhaha
The "maximum gradient" would be one of the most important measurements for offrroad 4wders (along with max altitude)  it helps us show off to our other 4wd mates how steep the track was hahahhaha. On my last track i cracked 37% gradient!

Its just a pity it takes me 5minutes to bring that figure up - and Im not sure its the "max figure" either if I missed my finger on the point slightly

Menion

ah, that's the mystery. I though about it like "hmm again similar post? I saw it somewhere :)" ... fine, so you have double answer
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alice

"I use Locus for proper offroad 4wding, involving very very steep hills sometimes, with Locus at the moment its virtually impossible to figure out the maximum gradient due to the gradient on the "chart" showing as only 1 pixel wide (hard to select the max gradient myself as I keep missing the bit I want to select even if i zoom right in)"

ohgood

Quote from: Christian on October 10, 2013, 14:14:51
Hi guys,
i would like to suggest to introduce a kind of star rating for stored tracks.
Using over 400 tracks make it difficult to remember good / medium / less good tracks.
Three light yellow stars _behind_ the name of the track would be useful. And the option to set rating in track manager.
Prio: 99

Thanks,
Christian

I wanted to ressurect this thread, to bring a couple of things to light:

1- it's a really good idea to save each track in a folder like "TODAY" or "Locus Tracks" or somewhere, and always save them in the same place, for today. That way each track is easy to find, if you want to "sort by distance" in that folder.

2- once the track is saved, and you've decided to edit the track (trim un needed stuff) make a new tracklist (if you don't have one already) that pertains to the activity. I use naming schemes like "hiking with the kids" and then name the particular track "hiking to the falls on orr road" or similar.

the waypoint tracks/routes handling database in locus is FANTASTIC compared to ancient garmins, if you apply a little bit of customization when saving files. exploiting locus abilities while saving those files means you can have matching WAYPOINT and route/ track directories (and groups!) so that finding waypoints and tracks for a journey is very easy.

naming schemes aren't a star system, i know, but it is very easy to make each track memoriable this way.

try it :)
  •