Calibrate a map

Started by Romain Pigeyre, October 10, 2013, 07:41:50

Romain Pigeyre

Hi!

I created an offline map (RMaps SQLite format) using MOBAC.
When I'm entering Locus MAP PRO, my map is not calibrate correctly (coordinates in locus doesn't match with map placement).

Is there any way to recalibrate the map in Locus ( like oruxmap functionnality) or with another software?

Thank you for your help.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
I don't know what function is in Orux to calibrate maps, but suggest to try tap on menu button next to your map (in list of maps) and choose "Recalibrate". In list of online maps then choose map you expect that is in your SQLite map.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Romain Pigeyre

Unfortunately,

My custom map is a part of an online map.

I tried to choose an online map on recalibrate fonction but my current position is out of my map (so I think that my map coordinates still be incorrect)
  •  

Menion

hmm what is map source of your map? Generally RMaps format do not have any calibration parameters within. It's used for maps that are based on mercator projection, so it depend on which map source you try to use in Locus
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hi,
If you can download the map again and it only shifted against coordinates, I bet it's better create OruxMaps SQLite format instead. Then you can easily permanently recalibrate the map in text editor (all calibration data are placed aside the database). But I too like an tutorial for recalibrating existing offline maps directly in Locus if that's possible.
  •  

Menion

you're downloading WMS map in different map projection that is supported by this format. I don't know how mobac handle these WMS maps, but seems that it do not reproject map to correct projection. So I in this case suggest to test this on OruxMaps format for example. Maybe this will work with better result. If not, create for me please a small map and I'll fix incorrect calibration of orux format
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on October 10, 2013, 08:28:08
Hi,
I don't know what function is in Orux to calibrate maps, but suggest to try tap on menu button next to your map (in list of maps) and choose "Recalibrate". In list of online maps then choose map you expect that is in your SQLite map.

I canĀ“t find this "Recalibrate". Can you please make a screenshot?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I thought this button, but it only allow you to fix some problems that are caused by maps that use just little bit different system for storing tiles, like some norway maps or yandex etc. But precise calibration of SQLite maps is not possible with this method

•  

jusc

Strange, but I don't have this possibility. Depends it of map format?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes, just sqlite maps in format that locus use as native

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free

•