Photos displayed on map

Started by prawns, October 10, 2013, 06:57:05

prawns

If I click on the magnifying glass in locus and scroll right to the bottom and select "localised photo" i can import photos into locus.

When it gets to the "import data" part where I can select which folder to store them in, theres a option written there saying "show on map after import"

If I select "show on map after import" so its ticked, then click on import, thumbnails of the actual photos display on the map itself which is exactly what I want.

But, if I forget to tick "show on map after import" the photos dont show on the map, it just shows a icon that I have to click.

Is there a way to change these ones so they display as a photo thumbnail without having to reimport them and remembering to tick that box? (Ive got hundreds of photos I would have to manually sort through and reselect only some is all if I have to reimport from the start)

And the same issue but another way I hit it was.....
With the photos I remembered to tick the box with and that get shown the way I want on the map...

If I go into data--->points tab, I can click on the folders there which contain my photos - I used the "change icons" selection to try and change the colour of the dot which shows when i zoom right out (the coloured dots replace the photo thumbs when zoomed right out) but now the photos dont show as thumbnails at all on the map even when zooming in again,  and instead show the icon I chose (Im not sure how to change it so its not a icon anymore but a actual photo thumbnail again)

Sorry if Im not making much sense but I hope you know what I mean lols

Menion

Hi,
  unfortunately I'm unable to simulate any of your problems

1. when I import photos into some folder, then if I check in folder any points (to show them on map), they're correctly displayed on map with thumbnail. May you please describe more precisely (step by step) what to do to get same problem?

2. I've some points with thumbnail in folder and if then I change icon for whole folder!, icons for thumbnails remain correctly set. Aren't you changing icons directly for points? Try to tap on settings button next to folder (in list of folders) and choose edit

hope this helps you a little
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

prawns

Yep I feel dumb now, I had been changing the icons on the photo files themselves and not just the main folder  :-[

I had uploaded these screenshots to explain my issue but I guess they arnt needed now, I will stick them in anyway incase it helps somebody else I guess but feel free to delete the links if it chews bandwidth

I was clicking on the orange line to change the options from inside, found out if I click where the red arrow is, and then click "edit" I can change the zoomed out dot colour without affecting photo thumbnails when zoomed in :)

Sorry for the dumb question - user error it seems! but I figured it out now cheers mate for the heads up :)

Menion

no problem. Locus is quite complex and not everything is clear, so I think this wasn't "dumb" question ;). Anyway glad it works now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •