Missed / gone festures since last update

Started by Christian, October 04, 2013, 17:05:00

Christian

I tried the new version and it works in this version. But not on my installed Pro.
Any further hints?
  •  

gynta

Christian

•  

Menion

chrstian, there is probably a small problem .. you have enabled "shift map center" and "map rotate" and in this case, magnifier not work. Magnifier itself is quite power consumpting and together with rotation it's deadly combination, so it's rather disable (second side is that it do not work well in case of screen rotate)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

"Shift map center" is right.
But i use "map screen" / "portrait mode" for orientation. Is it this what the magnifier blocks?

edit1
i figured out what "map rotate" is. When deactivated the magnifier works well.
Thanx menion for your mindfulness.
Is there a direct line to you directly from the app? ;)

edit2
May be it can be useful to make the item magnifier grey when "rotate map" is activated.
And a small information in the manual would be nice :)

edit3
Here i am again... :(
Using long track names with a lot of information in it and now i miss the scrolling name of the track in the track details. Is it gone?

Thanx,
Christian
  •  

Menion

hmm yes. Titles as you may see now are created automatically by Android itself. I was searching for some more information about ability to scroll these titles, but seems it's not possible

EDIT: to make it more clear - before, all titles was created manually by me, but because I try to make locus look like more like android, now system has changed
  •  

Christian

Thats sad :(
Can you provide a tooltip or an option for a line break? I need the information in the title...
Thanx,
Christian
  •  

Menion

I'm trying to "hack" a little android action bar system, but still no success.

Why you use long texts in title? You always wait till it scroll a little to read rest? Isn't easier to put long texts into description of points and not a title? That's why there is description field ...
  •  

Christian

I use a personal syntax for naming my tracks / files.
Separated by underscores there are short forms of region, start, finish, distance, altitude and in some cases the number of the track in the gps portal where it was downloaded.
Files, names and descriptions are synchronous on my computer and two android devices.
On my PC i do the planning of the tours with OSM or GE or similar. So no fields for description are available, only flat files.

If i am in the mountain and have to change the plan for the day i want to have a list with possible tracks "on sight". No searching in each track for description or something like that...

On my galaxy note i have 33 characters in track list - see screenshot -, on my Htc leo only 23. The rest is cutted. So its not possible to shorten my track names to 23....

In some file managers there are more place for long names in portrait mode - instead of showing the left window with the folders  additionaly

A solution for displaying the whole name again would be nice :)

Thanx,
Christian

•  

Menion

Hi Christian,
  I'm breaking my head on this, but I'm unable to find any nice working solution.

Android itself do not support sliding of texts in title. I'm trying to hack it a little, but seems to be "hack-resistant". What about making titles shorter? :)

EDIT: ah, found a "funny" solution ...  in Android settings > display > Font size > some smaller value
  •  

Christian

Menion, this not funny nor a solution :)

Can you please keep this problem in mind and think sometimes for a solution? (tooltip or a differnent layout or...)
Thanx for this.
Christian
  •  

prawns

I think menion did offer a "workaround" at least

Maybe another solution is to have the title go over x2 lines if it runs off the end of the screen?

I dont want the text any smaller personally, as I wouldnt be able to read it :D, but perhaps a option to adjust the font would also work, and I love how it splits into x2 panes when in landscape mode so I personally dont want to lose that either if possible.

Most people surely wouldnt want every detail of the track in the filename itself? so perhaps your the minority (and I guess menion would try to cater for the majority - some methods of fixing your issue would create bigger issues for the rest of us)

Menion

thank you prawns,

I see it in same way ... it's common that title is just a short self-explaining name, not a long story with a lot of information. I'll keep your wish in mind, but as I wrote - already tried to hack android system for titles, but without success and I do not see any other simple solution now
  •  

Christian

•