[APP] - version 2.16.X+ (updated 25.10.2013)

Started by Menion, September 30, 2013, 20:14:27

balloni55

Selecting more files is wired, after klick on threedot button/select the download window apeares.
Select more than one file is only possible after long klick on the filename, than you can select more files
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ormoru

GPX as base file?
I choice two zip files with gpx.

file1.zip
+--- file1.gpx
+--- file1-wpts.gpx

file2.zip
+--- file2.gpx
+--- file2-wpts.gpx
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hmm, I never enable Autoloading - but still I see no caching - let us double check the directory where caches should reside:
Locus/cache/images - containing files without extension, right ?

Quote from: menion on October 15, 2013, 07:36:41
that's correct, no caching if you have enabled "Auto loading". Anyway question wasn't if map are slow (we all know they're in certain levels), but question is whether they're slower then in previous version as @alex_dd wrote. I hope not
  •  

joeloc

Locus becomes unusable  when I select my pictures folder (2000 jpgs) in photo search. I get a window saying "Loading..." and a very(!) slowly rising percentage bar. The Cancel button does NOT work.

After ten minutes or so at about 60%, Locus crashes. Restarting results in an ugly mess. Reboot is required.
  •  

ormoru

Locus crash, if I select 1000 or more waypoints. If I select 500 or less, it is ok.
  •  

Menion

@ormoru: are you testing latest test version from first post for data import? because I just downloaded two PQ files and import both at once works fine. When you select them and confirm your choose, do you see on import dialog at title text "Files: 2"?. Abotu crash - I know https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/cannot_select_1000_or_2000_pois_from_a_category , thanks

@michael: images are cached to Locus/cache/map/vector, so you can check it there. Anyway as I wrote many times, I'm not a fan of vector map caching and I'll not do any extra improvements in this way. Together with possibility to switch themes, autoload and share, caching is not a best approach mainly for maps generated offline ...

@joeloc: "cancel" button fixed, thanks. About crash - it will be worst. On which device did this happen? Should it be "OutOfMemory" problem?

EDIT: hmm it will be probably this problem. I'm checking code, and also during searching, I prepare thumbnail images for all new points. Even if these thumbnails are quite small, it consume a lot of memory in these counts, damn ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

pablito

Quote from: menion on September 30, 2013, 20:14:27
- BRouter integration (offline while rest was online)
Nice, indeed very nice. Have been using this with Locus for the last several months. Cant wait for a user friendly integration into the best maps app out there :-)!
Paul
  •  

ormoru

Quote from: menion on October 15, 2013, 13:38:43
@ormoru: are you testing latest test version from first post for data import? because I just downloaded two PQ files and import both at once works fine. When you select them and confirm your choose, do you see on import dialog at title text "Files: 2"?

I try last version 2.16.0.4. I see "Files 2" in the title. Then Locus make analyze and then show dialog for import. In the title of this form I see title with first file name.
  •  

ta-ka

Hi, menion.
I'm sending something I noticed and I have some request.

14.10.2013 - Locus 2.16.0.4 - test version
- full dropbox support for import/export
- complete new "File browser"
- When you select dorpbox folder as 'EXPORT PATH' then after you chenge 'EXPORT TYPE' from one to another, 'EXPORT PATH' gets back to the local folder path.
- Import data -> 'LOCAL' tab : It will be "LOCAL FILE" or "REMOTE FILE" will be simply "REMOTE".
- Could you please make the time format of the files/directories changeable according to the language?

- small improvements in dashboard
- I would like to ask you to separate three temperature texts to avoid translation problem.
  * temperature_units   : Localization -> Temperature
  * sensor_temperature  : Dashboard Editor -> SENSOR-Temperature
  * battery_temperature : Dashboard Editor -> Temperature (Battery)
- 'Empty item' is shown as display title when you change an item for which display title was already enabled.

Other:
Long texts blow 'Main menu' icons are not folded into two lines while those for 'LOCUS WORLD' and 'More' are folded.
  •  

Menion

@pablito: you may check test version if it works as expected ;)

@ormoru: hmm weird ... look what I do: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/Locus%20%28dev%29/video/video_import_of_more_files_at_once.mp4 , are you doing the same? (when I click on link, dropbox say that file is corrupt, so try to download it and play localy, because it for sure isn't)

anyway I found another quite serious problem so together with this, I improved also a little bit this import. Should be more stable and working without issues (tested 7 PQ files from dropbox - 7000 caches on older SGS2 device). May you please try this version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/Locus%20%28dev%29/test_versions/2.16.0.7.apk ? Thanks!

@ta-ka: perfect feedback as usually. Except main menu, all fixed and improved. Main menu will be worst, but I'll try to do something with it. Problems with text are only on small devices right?
  •  

ta-ka

Yes, problems on small device and big-small device(SGT7) ;)
In addition, the text length in Japanese is often longer than English.
  •  

jusc

Is it possible to test if BRouter is installed directly after choosing this option in the settings?
I got the message "BRouter is not installed" very late, after setting second point of the planned route.
Regards J.
  •  

ormoru

Hi Menion,
I saw the video and try ...7 version from dropbox. Still import only one file. But I see one diferent. In video at 00:59 second I see in title "files: 2". But in my Locus I see file name of the first selected file.

Everything is different :D I try your process from video. And found the problem.

Import more files from main menu is ok! Like you. But if I select import from submenu of specific category, Locus import only first file.

Jarda
  •  

Menion

@jusc: possible, done

@ormoru: that's what I needed to know, perfect, fixed thanks
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on October 15, 2013, 13:38:43
@joeloc: "cancel" button fixed, thanks. About crash - it will be worst. On which device did this happen? Should it be "OutOfMemory" problem?

EDIT: hmm it will be probably this problem. I'm checking code, and also during searching, I prepare thumbnail images for all new points. Even if these thumbnails are quite small, it consume a lot of memory in these counts, damn ...

outofmem crash is what it was i guess and the problem happened on an galaxy note 2. but it will happen on anything really for anybody who has more than just a hand full of georeferenced pictures.

I'm afraid your strategy will never work for anything but minimalistic picture collections. How about
a) use android provided thumbnails.
b) only load actual graphics data when it has to be displayed.

•