[APP] - version 2.16.X+ (updated 25.10.2013)

Started by Menion, September 30, 2013, 20:14:27

balloni55

I do not know if it's a new problem
Quick mapswitch button and leftsidepanel are overlapping a little bit

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

If you have time now please please update the dashboard.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

@druki: thanks ;)

@michael and others: "data" problem - I'm not sure I understand. You don't like two separate screens for points and tracks (so you want just one that unite both) or you don't like word "Data" and it's icon (so you suggest to separate it into two buttons "Points" + icon and "Tracks" + icon? Then what about "Items" tab?

And offline POI's will be in Locus in future. This feature is here just for testing in testing versions, not in public version.

@balloni: GC Vote problem fixed, thanks

@KaheMu: nice idea with direct link to POI/Track folder, I'll keep it in my mind. But what I don't understand is second part. "details pop up without window between" - which window between?

@buckykid: ah you mean "items" tab, understand. Agree it should be useful, for this exactly is topic on GS, so I suggest to vote ;)

@layio: wait, you say that your keyboard is killed by system due to low ram? Hmm, but this behaviour (opening keyboard when some window comes up) is used in Locus on many places and I think it's quite useful. Didn't you tried different keyboard? There is plenty of them on Google Play and I think, that these "keyboard kills" are quite weird

@balloni: yes I know about this problem on smaller devices. Screens starts to be quite full of all possible buttons ...

@ivolino: sorry, but dashboard will need a lot more time then just one afternoon and I currently has some other tasks to do

uff, hope I answered to all questions/problems. I'm sorry for small delay in my responses. I've full email inbox of some quite old not-responded issues so I'm trying to reduce these skeletons ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Last option, Menion: Points-Icon, Tracks-Icon - and an Items-Icon (so nothing is lost).

And looking forward to the 2.16.X beta with the POI-DB back ;-)

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2013, 14:17:08
@michael and others: "data" problem - I'm not sure I understand. You don't like two separate screens for points and tracks (so you want just one that unite both) or you don't like word "Data" and it's icon (so you suggest to separate it into two buttons "Points" + icon and "Tracks" + icon? Then what about "Items" tab?

And offline POI's will be in Locus in future. This feature is here just for testing in testing versions, not in public version.
  •  

jusc

I come back to this topic: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3374.msg23973#msg23973. (Locus loads "wrong maps", if you are near frontiers and zoom from world map to higher zoom levels)
Is it possible, that  map choice depends of the distance to the middle of " neighbour" maps to your choosen points? In this case Locus will always load smaller neigbour country maps before the right larger country map even you´re in the larger country, because the middle of the larger country is more far away?
Regards J.
  •  

joeloc

Voice navigation does not work at all for me in latest Pro. I could only once select a voice with that Locus function but nothing happened. All further tries to select a voice simply do nothing. No selection window appears. Andro 4.1.2. with ivona voice installed. Google maps voice nav works nicely, as do all other voice apps (eg ebook readers).
  •  

joeloc

With latest Locus I keep seeing an orange OVER_QUERY_LIMIT almost constantly. Why is that? What is "over query limit"? How can I avoid it? Your error messages could really be slightly more detailed... :)
  •  

joeloc

regarding "data" pancake floppy disk madness. two things are important:

for beginners: give them icons that actually look like the functions they represent. points, tracks and layers. google (eg earth) call your "elements" function "layers", you should do the same and also use a similarly looking icon.

for pros: when i click the track icon, locus MUST take me back to exactly(!) where i was when i left the track list last time. same for points.

how you arrange it "internally", ie completely separate or within a tabbed view like now, does not matter much imho. I would like to swype left and right to change tracks though. And it would be GREAT if they looked pretty and were simply editable in place right away instead of going through another (pointless) edit function with another (confusing) view of the same data.
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2013, 14:17:08
@druki: thanks ;)

@KaheMu: nice idea with direct link to POI/Track folder, I'll keep it in my mind. But what I don't understand is second part. "details pop up without window between" - which window between?

uff, hope I answered to all questions/problems. I'm sorry for small delay in my responses. I've full email inbox of some quite old not-responded issues so I'm trying to reduce these skeletons ...

If you select any POI from POIs list, in particular geocaches, you have to do one more step from so called "window between" with button in the bottom left corner to see cache details window.

Last two days I was outdoor for a biwak in the forest and your app was the best tool for this trip. The only thing I could criticise was the consumption of battery. ;D But this is not a Locus topic.

Kind regards,
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

tramp20

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hi and nice Sunday to all

1. testing version in first post, hope you'll like it

2. bugs that are not fixed (my personal TODO list on next day)
- "Data manger" - improvements (icon/label) needed?
- problems with voice navigation (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3330.0)
- problems with map autoloading (https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/_cz_spatne_se_vykresluje_mapa_z_sqlite)
- missing (and not working) Augmented reality add-on
  •  

tommi

Menion, you should change the date for the new version.
I'm sure I checked the site more than once during the last 7 days :)
  •  

berkley

Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

weird, I'll check it, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

•  

brotbuexe

Can you increase the double click timeout for the google zoom function?
Looks like I'm too slow in most of the cases to use it.
In google maps it works all the time.
  •