Screen on during navigation - annoying

Started by UKlocusfan, September 26, 2013, 11:54:09

UKlocusfan

Hi Menion (and all)

Great updates to Locus by the way! :-)

Just something that is annoying to me, its not a bug but it is very annoying because my phone is a Wildfire S and only has a 3" screen.

When navigating I have the settings so that the screen sleep until it gets to a navigation instruction which causes it to wake.  So far, that works fine - except when it wakes it displays all the sidebars and panels which means I can hardly see the turn on the map. 

Now, I have sidebars and panels set to appear for 15 seconds as that means I can use them before navigation, but I obviously dont use them whilst driving and during navigation and so it is annoying that they appear when the screen wakes for a navigation instruction as I really cant see much when they appear and the phone is in landscape.

Just wondering if there was any way to stop them appearing on wakeup unless the user manual wants to see them by touching the screen as per usual.

Thanks. :-)
  •  

UKlocusfan

Just as a quick question....

I have Locus set to turn the screen on when a navigation instruction is received (as described above) but the other problem I'm having is if an instruction is over 15 minutes then my screen then needs a pin number which is obviously dangerous to do whilst driving.

I know there is a disable lock screen checkbox and I have tried that but am unsure exactly what it does even though I have read in the manual that: Disable lock screen – The screen lock automatically unlocks when application becomes active again after a period of inactivity.

No matter what I try, if a navigation instruction isnt received within 15 minutes I need to enter my phone unlock password.

Is there any way around this please?
  •  

voldapet

Hi,

We tested navigation feature with screen-on function and on our devices works properly. Can you share your settings, please?
Go to the Main Menu > More > Backup
Choose "Backup only settings"
Locus will create new *.zip file in directory Locus/backup
Please share backup file or send it to locus@asamm.com
I'll try to start navigation based on your settings

To your second post..well I'm afraid but there is no workaround for this situation. Maybe try to install other Lock screen.

Thank you
Petr
  •  

UKlocusfan

Hi Petr,

Thanks very much for your reply - I aprpeciate it.

Agreed about question 2 - seems I need a different lock screen than the stock one.

I can sort out the settings file but just to be sure we are talking from the same page.... When you tried what I suggested am I right in saying Locus woke the phone (turned on the screen) the top and bottom panels were not showing at all?

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

yes we tried this both (Peter and me, on two different devices). And on both, after Locus automatically turned on screen, panels were hidden.

When you turn on/off screen manually, there is same problem? Even during navigation? Really just "automatic turn on", cause that these panels appear? weird
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks Menion & Peter,

I have looked at the setting and all seems setup okay, I will however test this out again tomorrow and report back as I only had a limited time today and will be going on a much longer drive tomorrow.

I'll post tomorrow :-)

Thanks again for your help.
  •  

UKlocusfan

Just an update as promissed.

Tested this out again today and the panels do appear for the designated time everytime the phone unlocks itself for a navigation command.

However, it is not an issue for me anymore as I have a new lockscreen app and Locus cant override it to unlock the screen and so I have disabled the screen on/off settings in Locus.  :(
  •