Mark geocache as computed...

Started by axstet, September 23, 2013, 19:51:14

axstet

Hi,

I have a question and couldn't find an answer using the forum search...

I know there is the possibility to mark a geocache as "computed" so it shows up on the map with a red star added to the icon. But is there a possibility to mark multiple geocaches at once? Especially when working with an offline database and exporting geocaches via .gpx file this would be helpful. Or is there even an "undocumented" tag I could use in my .gpx files to mark geocaches directly while importing them into Locus?

Cheers, Axel
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi Axel,

maybe this will help for you:

Settings/Geocaching/Global/Move to final waypoint

Regards
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  in Locus itself is not any possibility to mark more then one cache at once as "computed". If you export such cache to GPX file, you should see that there is also not any special GPX tag. Unfortunately, Groundspeak isn't able to create some improved version of <groundspeak:> tags with support for some other features. Anyway you may notice, that together with cache itself, there is also exported one waypoint with name "Final" and code "FI". If you create also such waypoint where code start with "FI" (even a "FIxxxxx" should work) ... it should after import move cache and mark it as computed. Anyway I'm not sure if this is simple solution for you
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

axstet

Hi,

thanks for the answer. My intention was to have this behavior for "traditional" mysteries only. But not for caches with more than one stage. I think I'll get used to it.

Even if off topic in this thread I wanted to ask why the duplicate check for waypoints does not get applied to imported waypoints within a geocache. Is this a bug or a feature? I just noticed that all geocache related waypoints are shown twice after importing a GPX file a second time.

Cheers, Axel

•  

Menion

hmm are you importing same cache from same source twice and it duplicate logs? weird.

May you share some two GPX files that contain same cache and when I import them both, cache will have duplicate logs?
  •  

axstet

Hi,

not logs but waypoints. I import a GPX file. Then I import it again and when the window pops up I choose overwrite existing points. Afterwards I have the same number of geocaches in the database but all waypoints underneath are listed twice. Btw.: A third time doesn't give me three times as many waypoints...

Cheers, Axel

•  

druki

Hi,
I can confirm this missbehaviour if importing any gpx file with geocache including waypoints (even with exported geocache gpx reimporting).
Importing zipfile with geocaches and waypoints (two files in zip like it is in pocketquery) doesn't show this bug.
  •  

Menion

hmm this issue had to be there for quite a long time, interesting. Thanks for a report. I've fixed this problem, but please has eyes open when you'll import caches. For me, it's a little dangerous place so I hope, my fix won't cause more troubles :)

if there will be any issue, write me and I'll immediately fix it
  •