Google Navigation support

Started by mx3, March 14, 2011, 23:52:13

mx3

The app description mentions Google Navigation, but after downloading I'm unsure why.
Does this app make offline maps that can be used in Navigation? If so, that would be great!
Could you show me how this is done?
Thanks!
  •  

berkley

I guess, you missunderstood that part.

You can start Google Navigation from Locus.
Choose a location in Locus (long-press somewhere in the map) and in the popup you can choose to start Google Navigation.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

mx3

Thanks for clarifying!
  •  

arisoft

Current version seems to miss this feature. Actually I need support for the default navigation App which may be Google or something else like Here. I have not found a way to integrate other navigation Apps to Locus Pro.
  •  

john_percy

For me, it's long press to bring up context menu, select "Detail", tap on navigation icon at bottom of new screen, select (Google) Navigation from the pop up menu, and it works.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

arisoft

That seems logical but for some reason short or long press does nothing. Double press displays right side menu but that is all what happens from the map without hitting visible points. Long press works with menus. Points have navigation menu but the only option is the integrated navigation feature.
  •  

john_percy

Check Settings > Controlling > Map screen > "Tap and hold to display address" is on.

•  

arisoft

Thanks, now I can easily select the target for navigation. But still there is only the integrated "GraphHopper" navigation option available. I would like to launch the default App for navigation instead. In my case the default App is Here (here.com)
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

@arisoft
To make sure we are clear, once you have got the pop up context menu, select Detail. This gives the point detail screen that Menion refers to. At the bottom of that you can tap on a number of options including a navigate icon and a share icon. The navigate icon gives me a number of options (including Google directions and Streetview). This depends however on Locus recognising your other installed apps. Otherwise, as Menion says, tap on the Share icon and share with other map apps.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

arisoft

You are right. There is a link to other apps and it is working. Now I have to decide which is easier. To copy coordinates thru the clipboard to another App or press multiple menus for the same activity.

I wish that I could select my favorite navigation App for the top level menu because this function is used almost every time I launch Locus. Maybe I can tweak the user interface by editing XML.
  •