[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

Menion

I'm sorry guys, but I do not agree with any of suggested abilities. Understand that you use top label panel, but usability of buttons is by me much more important. So I suggest to reduce number of buttons in top panel and use main menu or right panel for most used functions
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Sometimes I zoom in when I drag the finger to the top sometimes I zoom out. I would like to zoom always in when I drag my finger to the top.
And still sometimes I don't see all poi when I start Locus.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

michaelbechtold

Well, did anybody COMPLAIN ??
And mind: there are different sizes of Androids, i.e. on a Galaxy Note the buttons in the old versions are already bigger than the new buttons on a 4" phone may be. In other words: on larger screens they get simply HUGE now. Simply give the Information section the same space as before, and divide the remaining space by the number of buttons chosen (typically between 3 and 6) by the USER (not you, not a shitstorm or vote, simply the USER ;-)
Cheers
Michael

Quote from: menion on September 28, 2013, 17:06:45
I'm sorry guys, but I do not agree with any of suggested abilities. Understand that you use top label panel, but usability of buttons is by me much more important. So I suggest to reduce number of buttons in top panel and use main menu or right panel for most used functions
  •  

tommi

I read the forum now already two years but cannot remember people complaining heavily about too small buttons.
Why are larger buttons now necessary for better usability and the price of ugly/unusable display of e.g. coordinates?

I'd like to get the previous button size back!
  •  

Robin99

@up. I truly agree. I've also not noticed complaining about button menus (appearance and size). I simply do not understand gui changes. Changing every gui object into white is also weird. The true is, this upgrade makes Locus uglier.
  •  

Menion

"anybody complain"? - a little here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/is_there_any_way_to_enlarge_buttons_and_their_labels and a lot over email

I anyway reduced a sizes a little. Big difference will remain on tablets. Sizes you see in your current test version are taken from Android library, so they're suggested sizes for android buttons, not some my nonsenses

- and "now uglier" - I'm sorry, but I'm sure, there is not so much changes that influence usability itself and appearance changes are usually matter of individual taste. White top and bottom panels/titles at dialogs are how android usually looks and we decided that such united colors looks more elegant then "hard" black as before
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

One thing that has been mentioned in a similar kind, I'd like to stress: "Data" is just an additional layer that does not add any value, nor is it intuitive. Why not offer "Tracks" and "POI" (the own ones, not the new DBs) as separate buttons ?
If you prefer, then in addition to "Data".
TXs
Michael
  •