[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

jusc

I found a small bug in latest version.
If you have loaded the map of Germany with small track also complete in Germany but nearby (50km) to the frontier of another country (Denmark) and you zoom out to world map and now you zoom in, Locus loads now the Denmark map. I wonder from what the map load depends?
Regards J.
  •  

Bucky Kid

I have yet one idea for next public version: make the info panel state distinctive: I.e. remember own choice for GPS off, own choice for GPS on, own choice for GPS on with guiding etc., so that user doesn't have to switch by self preferred panel after each Locus state change.

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 4

•  

Menion

@KaHeMu: your device works quite weirdly with tabs, but who know how much devices will work in this way, so I rather changed background of tabs to dark color in all cases (as big google itself suggest). I spend on it few hours but seems that there is no better solution

about missing tracks - in your case, suggest to create logs with CatLog program (available for free on Google Play)

@john-percy: left "done" button is default android UI, but I agree it's confusing, mainly because of symbol, so I'm not sure if workaround will work, but in next test version should be removed. Text in WMS layer is problem of WMS provider, not Locus

@joeloc: nice post as usually that lead me to think, that my work has sense :) (little ironic), anyway "UI rewrite" is incorrect term - better say "Locus appearance rewrite" - better? To your two points - you never wrote about first one, because to "fix" it, it was work on 30 minutes. Second point is on longer, but I agree it's good idea. I'll think about it

@ta-ka: thanks

@mek: done

@jusc: auto-loading system in work - anyway is this a bug? did you saw any white tiles or locus in the end loaded all tiles correctly?

@Bucky kid: hmm, I'll have to improve this top title, mainly because in new version, all buttons are little bit wider, so in most cases, there will not be enough place for some looong title stories as now

---------------

and probably last public test version to test. I've finally decided to make a release in monday, so there is time for last test and improvements. In next week, I'll finally start work on navigation/guiding stuff again.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

On the Map Agreement page, the left tick is a "return and do nothing" button, not a "done" one.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

yes I know. Don't understand now - you started with this and I though you don't know why this button is there. And my "done" description was because of icon that is on this button that looks like "done/OK"
  •  

john_percy

Thanks for the explanation, but to me, there are two tick buttons. The right hand one is an OK button, the left hand one is not. I find that a confusing interface. I don't understand why there are two tick buttons, nor why one does OK and the other not, nor how the user can know!  :-\
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

don't know exactly why google did this - check here http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/selection.html

anyway in latest test version, this button should be removed (I hope)
  •  

ta-ka

Hi, menion. I report about icons correction.

1) [Data] -> [POINTS] -> select one point -> [Tools] button

2) [Data] -> [POINTS] -> select one point -> [Map apps] button
I expect tip of blue arrow from 3rd image.
Although the text 'Navigation' is correct, could you please check if the text is taken from the activity shown in 3rd image?
Because if system language is set to Japanese, the text becomes 'Maps' in Japanese.

Thanks in advance.

•  

jusc

Quote from: menion on September 27, 2013, 12:57:24

@jusc: auto-loading system in work - anyway is this a bug? did you saw any white tiles or locus in the end loaded all tiles correctly?
Locus (re)loads the wrong map but completely, no white tiles. It means the whole track is in Germany. But Locus loads Denmark. Because the Denmark map overlaps a bit the frontier to Germany one half of the track has no visible map, the other half is shown on this Denmark map.
But Locus should reload the last completely covering map, I think.
Regards J.
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on September 27, 2013, 12:57:24
@KaHeMu: your device works quite weirdly with tabs, but who know how much devices will work in this way, so I rather changed background of tabs to dark color in all cases (as big google itself suggest). I spend on it few hours but seems that there is no better solution
---------------
and probably last public test version to test. I've finally decided to make a release in monday, so there is time for last test and improvements. In next week, I'll finally start work on navigation/guiding stuff again.
The background color seems to be the same as before BUT texts are very well in last version. Many thanks for your excellent work, the found solution is the very best!

edit
Sent Log file from CatLog to support.locus@asamm.com
Further explanations in email.
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka thanks. I don't know if you're skilled a little with android programming, but I'll rather not go into some technical details. Anyway I'll try to hack it a little to force locus display "correct" icon

@jusc: understand, I'll try to test it

@KaHeMu: hmm your tablet is really very very weird. Aren't you using there some special custom ROM?? Because it act completely weird. In case of track, btw. thank you for logs (very helpful), problem is that your tablets try to draw track with enabled "hardware acceleration" which is disabled for map screen. And it's disable by me in code and it have to work! So I have absolutely no idea why this happen, but something has to change in your device, I'm on 99% percent sure
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on September 27, 2013, 20:46:57

@KaHeMu: hmm your tablet is really very very weird. Aren't you using there some special custom ROM?? Because it act completely weird. In case of track, btw. thank you for logs (very helpful), problem is that your tablets try to draw track with enabled "hardware acceleration" which is disabled for map screen. And it's disable by me in code and it have to work! So I have absolutely no idea why this happen, but something has to change in your device, I'm on 99% percent sure

Hi menion,

the device is in the same state I bought it except added external 16GB sdcard. And some pieces of software of course. ;D

Regards,
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

druki

Hello,
by the GUI improvements, the buttons grew bigger, so my favourite 5 buttons don't fit in the upper bar any more together with the configurable Info-area.
See screenshot comparison.
I can see the benefit for other user (with big thumbs ;-) ).
Maybe there can be found a way to optimize it:
- automatically size the buttons so that the desired number of buttons fit
- implement a setting for topbar buttonsize in config
- make it possible to hide the menu button if you have enabled the "slide main menu from left"
- make the top bar scrollable like the side bar
- ...?
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: druki

- make the top bar scrollable like the side bar

+1
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

KaHeMu

Quote from: druki on September 28, 2013, 08:46:07
- automatically size the buttons so that the desired number of buttons fit
- ...?

+1
But in a given range. Buttons shouldn't be too small.

Sent using TapaTalk 4
  •