Problem with map folder /mnt/sdcard

Started by buzz, March 14, 2011, 15:01:53

buzz

Hi,

I have a problem with the default map folder on my galaxy (i7500, Android 1.6).
If my understanding is right, locus tries to create a folder  /mnt/sdcard/?? at the start.
Unfortunately /mntis not available on the device (nor can I create it); the sdcard is mounted at /sdcard/.

Is it possible to change allow changing the root folder in case /mnt/?? is not there?

Axel
  •  

Menion

hmm where Locus place data and create it's root when start? There is no fix directory in Locus. I just ask system for external place (disk, internal memory) and into this I place data. Anyway there is actually no chance to change default directory in Locus. There was no need for this and hope that this will remain ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

buzz

Hi menion,
thanks for the fast reply. Actually I'm not sure what causes the issue; I'm just getting an alert box that locus can't create it's "root folder" and asks me to insert an SD card.
Looking at the forum and a colleges device (Nexus) I assumed that locus has problems with the /mnt/ folder, but there maybe another cause. Any idea what I should do or check? Is there a .log file or something like that?

- Axel
  •  

Menion

hmm weird, just quick question .. don't you have phone connected as mass storage right? Did any other software do this to you?

I can create for you some debug version. Are you familiar with logcat? maybe aLogcat program from market or similar should be handy.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "buzz"the sdcard is mounted at /sdcard/.

Is it possible to change allow changing the root folder in case /mnt/?? is not there?

Strange, because on my Defy it´s stored automaticly at  /sdcard/locus/... too, (not /mnt/sdcard..) without any problem. Android problem?
J.
Regards J.
  •  

buzz

No, it was not connected as mass storage. I haven't used logcat, but I'm familiar with adb and should be able to handle that, if I get a debug version.
  •  

Menion

oki fine, so download 0.9.28.3 version and try it. Best is if you send me log from some software because as I know, in adb you cannot save whole stream of text. Anyway run version and you should see something like

03-14 16:07:26.625: DEBUG/FileSystem(22282): createRoot - card:/mnt/sdcard/, external:null
03-14 16:07:26.625: INFO/FileSystem(22282): setRootDirectory(/mnt/sdcard/, /mnt/sdcard/Locus/)
03-14 16:07:26.625: DEBUG/FileSystem(22282): setRootDirectory() - success!
03-14 16:07:26.625: WARN/CustomMain(22282): FileSystem succesfully created!

this is what I see ...
  •  

buzz

Hi,

I found the problem - looks like for some reason my SD card was mounted read-only, even after rebooting the device.
I needed to remount in in rw mode to get it working.

Thanks a lot for  the support, and sorry for waisting your time,
 Axel
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  no problem. Glad now all works ...
  •