Incomplete address search result

Started by ta-ka, September 01, 2013, 12:07:34

ta-ka

Could you please correct address search result in Japan?

I'm sending a sample coordinate by gpx file and its address search result shown in pictures.
Each picture shows the address search results by Locus and by Google Map together, and one is the result in English and the other in Japanese.
In both language, 'Post code' is missing and 'Street' is wrong.

•  

Menion

Hmm I'm not sure I can help here

This is exact content of object I receive after search with results

mAddressLines: {0=Japan, 1=Tokyo, Shibuya, Hiroo, 2 Chome16−14}
     mAdminArea: Tokyo
     mCountryCode: JP
     mCountryName: Japan
     mExtras: null
     mFeatureName: 14
     mUrl: null
     mThoroughfare: 2 Chome
     mSubThoroughfare: 16
     mLocale: en_GB
     mLocality: Shibuya
     mSubLocality: Hiroo
     mSubAdminArea: null
     mPhone: null
     mPostalCode: null
     mPremises: null
     mLatitude: 35.6519733
     mLongitude: 139.7167997
     mMaxAddressLineIndex: 1
     mHasLongitude: true
     mHasLatitude: true

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

Hi. menion.  Thank you for the test.

Looking at the code, mPostalCode is null. So, let's forget about post code at this place.

About the address, everything is written at the mAddressLines.
"Country: Japan / Region: Tokyo / City: Shibuya / Street: 2 Hiroo, Chome16−14" is complete address.

If system language is set to Japanese, I guess that "mLocale: en_GB" becomes "ja_JP" and
"mAddressLines: {0=日本, 1=東京, 渋谷, 広尾, 2丁目16−14}" will be obtained.
Then, "Country: 日本 / Region: 東京 / City: 渋谷 / Street: 広尾2丁目16−14" is quite reasonable.
Please note that the "," character in the Street field should be removed.

Well, from my point of view, it seems possible to improve. But from developer's point of view, things might be different...
By the way, do you understand why Japan is taken to the Street field? It is absolutely wrong.
  •  

Menion

this is very complicated ...

I've tested it now on almost 20 various addresses (in Czech) and it returns various results. Sometimes this, sometimes that ...

Anyway I did some improvements to "Street" column. For you usage in Japan, it should be fine now. You'll see
  •  

ta-ka

Thank you very much for trying to improve. There is significant improvement in test version 2.4.1.11 and one more step is needed.

"2 Chome 16/14" was obtained at the Street column when the system language is set to English.
It should be "Hiroo 2 Chome 16-14". (btw, the address string in my previous post was wrong. I'm sorry.)
  - "Hiroo " before "2 Chome" is missing.
  - "," character after "Hiroo" is acceptable. (No problem if it is missing.)

"2丁目 16/14" was obtained at the Street column when the system language is set to Japanese.
It should be "広尾2丁目16-14".
  - "広尾" before "2丁目" is missing.
  - There should not be "," character after "広尾".

I would like to ask to replace "/" with "-" at "16/14" for both languages.

I tried a lot of address search in Japan (50>) for the test and it was found that "Japan" at Street column became "N Chome N/N" at many places. I mean it is already good news.
  •  

Menion

this is very hard to decide. Because from results, I do not see clear street and house number, I have to create it from a separate values. And in Europe, we (at least in Czech/Slovakia) use "/" for house numbers. I'm sure it will be different in other countries, so I don't know now, how to make all happy in this case :)
  •  

ta-ka

And in Europe, we (at least in Czech/Slovakia) use "/" for house numbers. I'm sure it will be different in other countries, so I don't know now, how to make all happy in this case :)
Oh, sorry. Please drop this request. I don't want make European locus users unhappy. :)
this is very hard to decide. Because from results, I do not see clear street and house number, I have to create it from a separate values.
I cannot say anything from technical point of view. It depends on you. So, I'll wait your decision.

By the way, before creating this topic, I've been thinking the reason why locus keeps addresses by separating Region/City/Street instead of all of them in single value as Address. I mean, for example, if there is point filter function by region/city name, I see the reason. Or, there might be some needs from geocacheing function or exporting function.

Looking at the address search object you wrote above, the mAddressLines contains the address in a straightforward shape.
So, Postcode/Country/Address seems easy to handle and may be enough to use in locus.

I'm not complaining but just wondering and I hope I'm not annoying you. :)
  •