Dashboard improvements (planned)

Started by Menion, August 28, 2013, 10:38:04

Menion

Instead of creating private TODO list, I want to share with you list of items that all wants (needs) to add to current dashboard system.

Adding every item is on one side simple, on second side it takes quite a lot of time. So I want to prepare list of all tasks around dashboard, and then later do it all at once.

Dashboard items to add

topics on help.locusmap.eu
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ColdAutumn

stebu

1) A pointer to the guiding target. It shows in which direction the target is, not on map, but in real life. This was (is?) possible with "custom screen".

2) a short list of closest POIs:
-name, distance, bearing

-name, distance, bearing
It would be possible to have two items per row, in same format as in the POI list display.

•  

tommi

Quote from: stebu on August 28, 2013, 16:28:21
1) A pointer to the guiding target. It shows in which direction the target is, not on map, but in real life. This was (is?) possible with "custom screen".
Yes, size, colour, shape of this pointer should be configurable. I'd like to create a big fat light (white) pointer on a dark background.

3) A new target for this pointer: This is now hard to understand for the people on the forum but Menion should know (guiding document): the pointer should  point from current location to the guide and should be updated continuously.
  •  

ta-ka

How do you think an idea to have dynamic text labels? Basically name of each item has its translation in strings.xml.
The idea is to obtain translated text from there and to make labels changeable depending on language setting.
Well, this is not a request but an idea.
  •  

Menion

thanks guys for tips. I'll later read them all and fill first post

@ta-ka: look at current gps/compass screen. At bottom is five labels and these labels are "Dashboard labels". I already improved items you may place on dashboard for extra icon (from locus resources) and label. This is probably what you want right? It's not yet available for dashboard, but it will be
  •  

ta-ka

@menion: That's right. It's already there. Great!
  •  

petamoravec

Hello i would appreceate if Locus dashboard can:

1. Show battery status (charging/discharging) and percentage of remaining bat. capacity. Now there is such a item in dashboard (Sensor->battery), but it shows always 0  ??? .

2. Show graph of any quantity in dashboard instead of actual value. It will be very good to, for example, indicating speed and altitude history. My idea is let users to define size, transparency, position, etc. of graph(s), which quantity (? or quantities) to show, and define x-axis (time or distance or any other) either for fixed time frame (i.e. show last 10 minutes of tracking, or last 2 km) or automaticaly recalculate from start to current position (resp. time).

Thank you,

Petr
  •  

boboC550

Hello, I would very welcome possibility to see the pace of my movement: for example, as I am running, I would like to see the time needed to run one kilometer (both current pace, as well as average pace calculated for my whole run/session). This option is available in many sport tracking apps.

Thank you.
  •  

tommi

I'd like to be able to use the dashboard as sports tracker: out should be possible to configure TTS output for each  field separately, e.g. speed field: TTS  interval 120 secs.
  •  

gynta

The battery level indicator for BT HR devices is gone?

Menion

yes, it's correct. I was planning this for a long time. There is a problem that I stored just one "battery" value, but Locus now support much more sensors then just one and if more reported it's battery level, Locus overwrite this value. So just one value for all sensors isn't enough. On second side, I think it's not so important, right? I rather though about some popup notification like "Battery on your sensor X is getting low" or something like this ...
  •  

berkley

When I add average speed or distance to a dashboard, but don't use track recording, there is a simple minus on the screen. Also some descriptive text above or next to that minus doesn't make sense...

So what about simply don't show information that is not available?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tigus

Hello, I agree to requests in reply # 7 and # 8 in a sports tracking approach.
Greetings.
  •  

Christian

I would like to use WITHOUT track recording:

: distance to target
: distance
: trip time.

Means a new function
: start / stop trip
and the variables from above.

Christian
  •  

bartel6

It would be great to have heart rate AVG and MAX supported in dashboard.
  •