automatic map switching - old map remains in buffer sometimes

Started by bianchifan, August 27, 2013, 14:42:30

bianchifan

When developing some mapstyles of my own I switched through maps and zoomlevels very often and very intensivly, in several cases I got double results, in few cases also triple ;)
With actual version it seems to be quite better but it's still there:

First of all automatic map switching must be activated, for same type of map of course.
Next a map of a relatively small area must be selected, in my examples it's Northrhine-Westfalia in Germany.
You are viewing for ex. at level 15. If you'll switch now to a quite lower level so the actual map cannot cover the whole area and there is a map in app's map directory covering the whole area the app will fetch it.
And now you can wait until the new map is loaded completely, or you can zoom in the map without waiting for load completed.
Depending on the way of switching the app shows more than one map and switches the map name or not.

switching fast to level 8 or 9 and back

Same switch, another area, with added elevation lines

same area, another map, map name doesn't switch

but this map was added

same maps, same switch, another area

two further maps were added

Sometimes when the maps name switches also and you switch one area back toa lower zoom level you got silly mismatch, in this case from Level 15 to 9, back to 15 and then to 14.
  •  

jusc

Maybe you see the Worl map in zoom levels below 10? But the original name of your loaded map is shown in this time.
If you move the map center now to another city outside you map (Nordrhein Westfalen) and zoom in (level 11 and higher) the map and its name should change to Germany.
Regards J.
  •