Automatic Display activation

Started by jusc, August 13, 2013, 19:32:50

Hadubrand

Quote from: ta-ka on April 27, 2015, 10:16:13
please take care to reverse arrow direction for reverse guidance.
Perfect!
Greetings
Ulli
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: ta-ka on April 27, 2015, 10:16:13
Quote from: Hadubrand on April 27, 2015, 09:38:41
But it would be great, if the line style might also be set in this context to have a possibilty to indicate the direction (e.g. any arrow style, because is often difficult to read the display of the smartphone in light surroundings quickly.
I also want line style setting for arrow type. If this idea is adopted, please take care to reverse arrow direction for reverse guidance.
+1
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tim Finnegan

Quote from: menion on April 27, 2015, 08:34:39
Question: color of tracks during guidance

What you expect?
- keep original color - will be clear which track is active?

This one. And track style too - because of arrows ))

Is there any way to hide generated by guidance waypoints? In some tracks they interfere with my points that I added manually.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Christian on April 27, 2015, 11:22:36
: On tour we stopped on a Nav WP by change and had a break for ~20min. In this time the display was still activated even i switched off the display it was activated again automatically. I minimized Locus by home button but display was kept activated. I had to cancel Guidance to stop this heavy battery drain :( (calculation: display setting in Android = 30sec dimming + 30sec until getting blank. 20min display on is equal to 20 Nav WPs = ~ 35km. At the end of the day it lacks on battery)
So alerts for Nav WP should have a time out, i.e double or triple value from Android settings for dimming the display (if Locus can read this settings) or another value, i.e. 2min.

Hmm interesting issue. I've never expected that someone stops directly on existing navigation waypoint and waits there for 20 minuts ... eh, you complicates me this feature :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Nav Wps are placed on junctions in most cases, beergardens also and short breaks ;)
When damages happen to bikes... it happen near crossroads - so my experience.

Good to know that you read this thread frequently.
  •  

Joachim Buhl

•  

gruenerose

Quote from: Christian on April 27, 2015, 10:58:47
Common users like me use Locus and don't know what is computed in the background and whats the relations between the modules.
If a user choose a track from track list with its properties (always set, i.e. line style, ...) he expect that this properties are displayed in all cases.
Quote from: menionWhat you expect?
- keep original color...
Thats the one and only solution: original track style.
Apart from that: arrows, gradient, altitude in line style are absolutely great. Why not to use it in Guidance???
But you can give users the choice which style they want to use. Default: original line style ;)

I am looking for this too. My tracks are all set up to show alitude variance. As soon as I turn on guidance, the track is replaced by a 4px red line. I did not even set this in the default settings..I am able to change the Line width and color temporarily for guidance, but altitude variance does not work when I pick it from the menu.
  •  

Christian

Willkommen!
In last version there was a hugh improvement with line style and color but not perfect yet. In upcoming version it should work as expected even with altitude.
So be patient. ..
  •  

Bucky Kid

I have tasted today thoroughly both auto screen activation and keep screen on feature and realized that auto turn on timeout had preference over keep screen on.  That means if both are activated, screen turns off after delay set in auto display activation dialog. I find it not too logical, I find more intuitive keeping screen always on if the switch is ON regardless on auto screen activation.

Second note to auto screen on generally - activation is working as expected except screen off which is acting unexpectedly, I've got screen offs immefiately after notification. The screen off interval is not yet working too well.
  •  

Christian

After two month of not using and testing guidance i prepared a track manually with Nav points *grmbl and started Guidance with v3.9.3. The display was always activated - never switched off - even without any wp. So i checked all settings mutiple times, set auto-turn off to 5s. Then the display switched off after 5s (without any nav wp) and then immediately switched on again :(
So I decided to deactivate Guidance for this trip and was ... frustrated.
Can anyone tell me something about my wrong settings? Or anything else?
What i have to set?

Thanx,
Christian
  •  

balloni55

Hi Christian,
guidance work for me, 10 sec. after i leave the navipoint area the screen switch off.
my settings

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Thanx guys.
Settings are equal to my settings.
Locus is a wonderland. Had strange behaviors the last days even some crashs wich can not be reproduced ...
Will try again.
  •  

Menion

Really guidance, ok? What about your settings > guidance > advanced? May you post a screenshot?
  •  

Christian

Advanced setting in GUIDANCE:
Strict
Low
Each trackpoint: deactivated

I did not change anything since beta pre 3.9.0 except auto turn-off.

(Can not post a screenshot in tapatalk :( )
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting .. please tell me also your guidance > "Set next point" parameter. I'm testing it with default value 100 m, and it works quite well for me (simulation behind desk), damn.
  •