Distance to next waypoint in guiding does not work

Started by brotbuexe, August 09, 2013, 17:46:44

brotbuexe

When I use guiding, none of the "xxx to next waypoint" works for me, all shows "Unknown" all the time.
Can anyone confirm this?
Especially "distance to next waypoint" should show anything without moving?

[attachment=0:24kag3o1]Screenshot_2013-08-09-17-43-40.jpg[/attachment:24kag3o1]
  •  

Menion

it's probably not exactly clear from these labels, but fact that distance is unknown in this case probably mean, that there is no waypoint on your track. It's not about distance to next point, but to real big waypoint attached to this track. So for example if you create a navigation track with orders on cross and then you start guide and not navigation. There points with orders are waypoints so locus will display here values to next waypoints (with orders)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Aha, was also not aware how this setting should work.
Now I understand we clearly have to distinguish waypoints and simple points which are the same as trkpoints in eg .gpx files, right?
  •  

Menion

yes. waypoints on track are always visible on track, where points not (they're just connected by lines). Waypoints has usually small dot on map when they're connected to track. You may try for example during track record, use button "Add waypoint" next to stop button. This will create waypoint attached to track
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •