Guiding Line

Started by CaptKaos, August 05, 2013, 15:41:49

CaptKaos

Having now replaced my dead HTC One V with a SG SIII  I have noticed that when Goecaching and I Select guide on, the guiding line in some situations and also depending on Map/Terrain, all but disappears (see attached). Whether it is the resolution of the screen  (720 x 1280 (HD)), or some other factor, I am not sure.
I have done a search on the forum to see if I can increase the size, or even change to something like the Heading Line in the Pic, but have found nothing (if I have missed something I appologize in advance :) ).
 Is it possible to change the  the shape and size of the guiding line.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  yes it's possible to modify this line, but if you don't know about it, you probably didn't do it. Then I'm surprised you have this line so small. Did you modified anything else in config file except geocaching_icons?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos

Hi Menion
I didn't knowingly change anything, I even made a copy. I have put that back on and the size is still the same.
I have since downloaded a fresh copy of Locus Pro to a Desire C that I was using temporarily and had wiped.I copied the config.cfg from it onto my S3 and it is the same. :?
  •  

gynta

hi CaptKaos

After exit Locus...
Look into your locus folder
Rename your "config.cfg" eg as "configcfg"
Locus will create a new default config,cfg after starting again.
Tell us what happend now.

Quote# shape of small guiding arrows that create guiding line. Contain of X, Y pixel
# coordinate pairs separated by '|' char. Have to contain at least 3 pairs
#  - default vary by devices, common is: -8.0|-3.0|7.0|0.0|-8.0|3.0, which create
#    well known small arrow)
guiding_path_symbol=-16.0|-4.0|14.0|0.0|-16.0|4.0

CaptKaos

Hi gynta
Thanks, that did the trick. The guiding line is now a series of arrows of a similar size  to the bearing line.
I will back that up on my PC before I do anything else.

Quote from: "gynta"#  - default vary by devices,
The above quote explains it. When I got my new phone I copies the whole of the Locus Folder from the HTC Desire over to it, including the Config.cfg. The desire is a smaller resolution screen.
CK
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "CaptKaos"Hi gynta Thanks, that did the trick.
You're welcome

Menion

ah damn, this is bad bug in Locus. Thanks both for report and finding a problem. This should of course not work as you may see. In file should be stored raw values and rescaled to required values on the fly in application. Unfortunately I did it incorrectly. I'll try to fix it to next version
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos

You could say it was a bit of laziness on my part, trying to copy everything over. But one good thing has come out of it. Thanks to gynta's post I have managed to customize it to my personal needs and got a more distinct guiding line.  :)
  •