Can't get overlay working

Started by joze, August 03, 2013, 21:08:56

joze

Hi,

I can't get overlay working with maps stored on the phone.

I tried:

1. Use a raster map (in orux sqlite format) as base map and try to overlay a vector map (openandromaps). I tried this with different transparencies (e.g. 50%) and different overlay types. I get no error messages but I still see only the base map.

2. Use the openandromaps vector map as base map and try to overlay different raster maps (all raster maps in orux sqlite format). Here I get the message that the raster maps don't support overlay if I try to select the maps.

Any ideas?

What is the requirement of a raster map to be used as overlay map? -- I create the raster maps with mobac. Do I need some special setting for the raster maps to be useable for overlay?

Any help much appreciated.

--
Johannes
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  you do not receive any error message when you want t use orux sqlite as an overlay? Hmm then it's a bug.

currently you may combine only maps that use basic mercator projection as use openstreetmap etc. So almost all online maps, sqlite and mbt personal maps and vector maps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joze

Hi,

I do get an error message when I use the orux sqlite as overlay (in fact it's something like "this map is not supported for overlay")

But I do NOT get an error message, whe I use the orux sqlite as base map (and vector as overlay) -- but this still doesn't work.
  •  

Menion

yes yes I understand. Anyway it's currently not possible to use Orux SQlite format as overlay, because these maps may contain various map projections, and i'm not able to do re-projecting on-the-fly in locus
  •  

joze

Hi,

thanks -- I'll generate my maps with a supported format.

apparently mbt and (rmaps) sqlitedb are both sqlitedb databases.

Are there performance or or other issues which would make the one or the other preferable?
  •  

Menion

MBT and sqlite are both equal. Only difference is that MBT has switched Y axis.

Because SQLite format I use do not has any company behind it, it's not any official format. MBT on second side has at least MapBox behind it (http://www.mapbox.com/developers/mbtiles/) so I think, it should be more widely supported in the future
  •