Dashboards not working

Started by tommi, August 03, 2013, 14:22:21

tommi

Hi,
since some month the dashbaords don't work anymore for me. I know it is working for others (like gynta) but for me it worked in the last months only in Testversions but not in official Proversions, same as now in 2.12.4.
The story started here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3112&p=21452&hilit=dashboard#p21433

We already found out:
- It is not related to my dashboard file because
-- it's working for Menion
-- and it's working in Testversion
-- none of the official dashboards is working
- I also provided logcat, nothing interesting in it.
What did I do afterwards to get rid of the problem:
- Deleted Locus Pro App data
- Deleted Locus folder
both in one go but still the absolut clean LocusPro (it sees no maps, none of my settings, just comes up with the newbie questions and a map of Czech) doesn't show any value one of the official dashboards. To be sure, I replaced one of the values with current time but no display of time.

I didn't complain the last months because most of the time I  was using the Test versions to help testing but I want to use it finally again in the Pro version.

Can I ask for some support to get this running again?
It seems to be something very systematic (I have no clue how dashboards work internally but for me it looks that the dashboard has got simply no connection to the rest of Locus).
Thanks,
Tommi
  •  

gynta

Please attach your dashboard.
Some question  - sorry if there answeres in the (other) thread. (i'm in rush)
Your device SGS3 4.1.2 root ? right?
Any other devices available?
ALL dashboards has troubles?
New created dashboards are also not working?
more soon...

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"Please attach your dashboard.
Some question  - sorry if there answeres in the (other) thread. (i'm in rush)
Then take your time.

Sorry, Gynta,
in my post I already wrote answers to almost all of your questions and some of your questions make no sense after reading my post.
And the results I wrote I verified immediately before writing the post.
And yes, as stated in my signature the phone is SGS3 4.1.2 root with Samsung stock rom and Boeffla Kernel but this doesn't seems to be important as it was working with all the latest Test versions but not with the Pro versions.
  •  

Menion

seems I'll have to create some version for your with some debug info.

Say me, you tap with long-click on "Dashboard view", choose top "Choose dashboard", right? Now you get list of dashboards and you select for example "Joeloc's dream" and what happen then?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"seems I'll have to create some version for your with some debug info.

Say me, you tap with long-click on "Dashboard view", choose top "Choose dashboard", right? Now you get list of dashboards and you select for example "Joeloc's dream" and what happen then?
The dashboard is opened completely normal, just all the values are missing. Not even the time of day is displayed.
Just to repeat me, it is working with the Free Test Versions (actually was because currently Locus Free is from Playstore).
See the link to screenshot below.

from a comment Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm
Strange, dashboards don't work anymore:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/walh5tqz6hnq518/Gav1tKxaPB
This is only one example picture, also none of the other default dashboards is working anymore.
  •  

Menion

hmm understand. Interesting. Dashboard is created by little bit different system. It works in exactly same way as an add-ons, so it's something like add-on inside Locus. So in this case, there should be a problem with receiving info over Locus API. Is Geocaching4Locus live map works for you? (if you tried)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"hmm understand. Interesting. Dashboard is created by little bit different system. It works in exactly same way as an add-ons, so it's something like add-on inside Locus. So in this case, there should be a problem with receiving info over Locus API. Is Geocaching4Locus live map works for you? (if you tried)
ahm, sorry I'm no cacher at all.
If you give me or guide me to some instructions I'll gladly test.
  •  

Menion

oki, let's solve this

please enable debug messages in config file (I hope it will works now as expected. There is a new system since 2.13.0 that is not yet perfectly tested)

install this test version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/801 ... 14.0.1.apk and try to enable a dashboard, wait a while and then close Locus.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"oki, let's solve this

please enable debug messages in config file (I hope it will works now as expected. There is a new system since 2.13.0 that is not yet perfectly tested)

install this test version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/801 ... 14.0.1.apk and try to enable a dashboard, wait a while and then close Locus.
The dashboard worked in this special version (as usual as it's Test version). Sent log to you a minute ago.
  •  

Menion

it again work? ah damn ... in this case it do not help much. So generally it works for you on Locus Free (test version) and do not work on Pro version? May you try to un-install this test version and leave on your device just the Locus Pro from market?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"it again work? ah damn ... in this case it do not help much. So generally it works for you on Locus Free (test version) and do not work on Pro version? May you try to un-install this test version and leave on your device just the Locus Pro from market?
Uninstalled test version and made log again (dashboardpro.txt).
Whereas in the first log I saw the name of my dashboard file this isn't the case in the dashboardpro.txt (start of Locus was at 21:17). Strange (at least for me) that the dashboard was displayed but just without any values.
  •  

Menion

thanks for logs ...

firstly, you have very very much xml files with online map definitions in your locus/mapsOnline/custom directory. This slow down start of Locus for almost 2 seconds for you!

anyway first log is quite useless, because .. "It works", so I don't see any problems there (except long start due to online maps configuration). In second, there are absolutely no logs, because in Pro version were not included any debug messages for a dashboard.

Hmm weird and complicated task you prepared for me .. I'll think about it and prepare something during tomorrow
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"thanks for logs ...

firstly, you have very very much xml files with online map definitions in your locus/mapsOnline/custom directory. This slow down start of Locus for almost 2 seconds for you!

anyway first log is quite useless, because .. "It works", so I don't see any problems there (except long start due to online maps configuration). In second, there are absolutely no logs, because in Pro version were not included any debug messages for a dashboard.

Hmm weird and complicated task you prepared for me .. I'll think about it and prepare something during tomorrow
Thank you for your excellent support!
  •  

Menion

Sure no problem. Just to improve my previous post. Problem is not a number of files. But your files contain very much diplicite items as you may see in log. This mean that locus parse xml file and result throw away because map with this ID already exists ... eh, hope you understand what I wanted to say :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Sure no problem. Just to improve my previous post. Problem is not a number of files. But your files contain very much diplicite items as you may see in log. This mean that locus parse xml file and result throw away because map with this ID already exists ... eh, hope you understand what I wanted to say :)
Ah, you mean the duplicate xml files, right? Ok, removed the redundant files. Thanks, start is faster now.
  •