[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

tramp20

Under the news list from today is blue link of the new test version.
But now I found the link much more below :-)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on August 29, 2013, 17:46:42
Quote from: rkirmeier on August 29, 2013, 14:18:37
The Garmin map loads up and performance is outstanding! Really really really love this new option to use Garmin maps. My only 2 complaint2 with the current implementation is that I cannot hide the labels and can't overlay a Garmin map on a Online map. Another big step for Locus! Thanks so much!!

I'm surprised you're happy with it. Results aren't even from half as good as from MapsForge library I think.

Anyway glad you find usage for it. Currently there is not settings for these maps. System that is used directly for rendering is quite a simple and it should be easy to improve it, anyway I'm worried that using IMG maps violate "Terms of use" of Garmin, so I'll probably not public this feature as official in Locus and also will not work (too much) on improvements. I'm worried situation that was previously (more then two years ago) with online maps, when I had to remove almost half of all maps and users were really angry :)
Right! I'm not happy with the results of Garmin map  :'( This is a free map for Finland, one eager beaver converted the survey map into .IMG format.
Mostly I am missing the shading of different landscape (fields, forests, open cliffs, etc), buildings(!), major roads (now I have two thin lines for opposite lanes), etc.
I do not have original Garmin maps, so I do not know how good your rendering is on them. But this Finnish maps looks much better even on a low performance Dakota 20 than on Locus.

So..., there seems to be a lot to do, so make sure that your efforts are not wasted on a non-publishable feature.

I don't want to sound so negative :), for me Locus is very nearly perfect ;D, I just haven't found a good map for all purposes.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

I could download the apk file now with internet explorer. I transfered the file to my phone but I get the error message parsing error.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

jusc

Quote from: stebu on August 29, 2013, 19:36:23
Right! I'm not happy with the results of Garmin map  :'( This is a free map for Finland, one eager beaver converted the survey map into .IMG format.
Mostly I am missing the shading of different landscape (fields, forests, open cliffs, etc), buildings(!), major roads (now I have two thin lines for opposite lanes), etc.
I do not have original Garmin maps, so I do not know how good your rendering is on them. But this Finnish maps looks much better even on a low performance Dakota 20 than on Locus.

So..., there seems to be a lot to do, so make sure that your efforts are not wasted on a non-publishable feature.

I don't want to sound so negative :), for me Locus is very nearly perfect ;D, I just haven't found a good map for all purposes.

Are you looking for a Finland map? I´m not sure if I understand correctly.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: ivolino on August 30, 2013, 04:01:07
I could download the apk file now with internet explorer. I transfered the file to my phone but I get the error message parsing error.

I downloaded yesterday the latest test version from the first post of this thread directly with Locus. I didn´t get any parsing errors.
Can you reload the file?
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: jusc on August 30, 2013, 08:53:10I downloaded ... latest test version ... directly with Locus.
??? a new feature?

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

stebu

Quote from: jusc on August 30, 2013, 08:49:39

Nope, I have a this map on my Dakota. So I was excited to test it on Locus anmd was deeply disappointed :(
  •  

tommi

Quote from: stebu on August 30, 2013, 13:54:03
Quote from: jusc on August 30, 2013, 08:49:39

Nope, I have a this map on my Dakota. So I was excited to test it on Locus anmd was deeply disappointed :(
Just don't know if I miss a lot if I don't have a Garmin Dakota: Is this garmin format Finland map significantly better than the Finland vector map from Locusstore or openandromaps?
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Ok now it worked. My last download was corrupt. Now I installed 2.14.1.8 but the Dashboard is still loading ages. Sometimes it takes a minute before I can see it. Also the guide on still crashes after 99 km.

I installed a folder with Garmin IMG files into the mapsvector folder but I still can't see them in the map list on Locus. Do I need more files than the IMG files?
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

hmm so three problems ...

1) "dashboard take a minute" to:
  a) I click on "dashboard" button and it take minute till this dashboard appear
  b) Dashboard appear immediately, but it take minute till some numbers display (all of them or just any?)

2) may you please do me once more crash log with this new test version? I'm not able to reproduce your problem with long guiding line

3) you placed *.img files directly into Locus/mapsVector directory and they do not appear in Locus > maps > Vector tab? Hmm may you share one small map so I can test it? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: ivolinoAlso the guide on still crashes after 99 km.
please stop urging - see https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/locus_is_crashing_when_i_use_line_to_gps_function_more_far_away_than_99km

QuoteI installed a folder with Garmin IMG files into the mapsvector folder...
why?

Ivo Nörenberg

Quote1) "dashboard take a minute" to:
  a) I click on "dashboard" button and it take minute till this dashboard appear
  b) Dashboard appear immediately, but it take minute till some numbers display (all of them or just any?)
When I turn dashboard on it appears immediately. If I close and start Locus again it take a minute before I can see the the numbers again. I don't see anything else from the Dashboard than the numbers because I just have to numbers in my dashboard.

Quote2) may you please do me once more crash log with this new test version? I'm not able to reproduce your problem with long guiding line
I still try to download a text editor and will you send log file.

Quote3) you placed *.img files directly into Locus/mapsVector directory and they do not appear in Locus > maps > Vector tab? Hmm may you share one small map so I can test it? Thanks
I made one folder with all img files from one garmin map and placed this Locus/mapsVector directory.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

ad 1) hmm .. currently I have no idea what to do with it ... what device and Android version you have?

ad 2) please follow method Hana already wrote you on GetSatisfaction http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:how_to:creation_log#creating_logs

ad 3) I placed you map directly into Locus/mapsVector and I see it in list of vector maps. Weird you don't. Anyway map center me somewhere in Atlantic ocean and nothing is visible, so I'm not sure if this is intent. Is there any Free software on PC where may I check what is in this map? (or generally to view IMG maps)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

I have a Galaxy S4 Active. 4.2.2

I sent you log some minutes ago.

The img is part of USA Topo West. I just choose one random file. 
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •