[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

rkirmeier

How does one load up a Garmin (IMG) file? I tried dropping it in the mapItems directory and a few others but nothing showed up. Also didn't show up under any imports options. Please advise...

Thanks!
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

I get error message when I try to download 2.14.1.7.apk from this website. Can I also download it from from Google Play?
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

Quote from: rkirmeier on August 29, 2013, 01:07:49
How does one load up a Garmin (IMG) file? I tried dropping it in the mapItems directory and a few others but nothing showed up. Also didn't show up under any imports options. Please advise...

Thanks!
place it into mapsVector ;)

@ivo: what error you get? No it's only available here on forum
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

After half or later the download breaks up. But in the moment I have also slow Internet connection here in India.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

balloni55

Quotei have two vectormaps in the same folder, "Germany.map" and "Freizeitkarte.map", both maps are displayed well in official locuspro,
but in this testversion the map of the Freizeitkarte is not displayed
Hi menion,
see  a small screencapture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp7bdpblytofj5k/video_2.mp4
i also noticed that the colours of the map in the V 2.14.1.7 are different :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

rkirmeier

Quote from: ivolino on August 29, 2013, 11:20:18
After half or later the download breaks up. But in the moment I have also slow Internet connection here in India.

The Garmin map loads up and performance is outstanding! Really really really love this new option to use Garmin maps. My only 2 complaint2 with the current implementation is that I cannot hide the labels and can't overlay a Garmin map on a Online map. Another big step for Locus! Thanks so much!!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55i also noticed that the colours of the map in the V 2.14.1.7 are different :-[
with the same theme?

Menion

balloni, as gynta wrote, it's not clear if you use same theme. Also you may have enabled higher contrast that should also affect colors (but probably not as much as on your video)
  •  

balloni55

Quoteauthor=gynta
with the same theme?
Ups, your right, in pro was "walking"
and in beta "freizeitkarte" theme.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Quote from: rkirmeier on August 29, 2013, 14:18:37
The Garmin map loads up and performance is outstanding! Really really really love this new option to use Garmin maps. My only 2 complaint2 with the current implementation is that I cannot hide the labels and can't overlay a Garmin map on a Online map. Another big step for Locus! Thanks so much!!

I'm surprised you're happy with it. Results aren't even from half as good as from MapsForge library I think.

Anyway glad you find usage for it. Currently there is not settings for these maps. System that is used directly for rendering is quite a simple and it should be easy to improve it, anyway I'm worried that using IMG maps violate "Terms of use" of Garmin, so I'll probably not public this feature as official in Locus and also will not work (too much) on improvements. I'm worried situation that was previously (more then two years ago) with online maps, when I had to remove almost half of all maps and users were really angry :)

And btw. new test version for interested people
  •  

tramp20

The link seems to be bad.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

•  

tramp20

2.14.1.8 of course.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta

With my smartphonebrowser (dolphin) the DL link don't work.
In the old forum there was no problem.

Will check out with different browsers now...

work: tapatalk,..

dont work: dolphin,..

rkirmeier

Quote from: menion on August 29, 2013, 17:46:42
Quote from: rkirmeier on August 29, 2013, 14:18:37

I'm surprised you're happy with it. Results aren't even from half as good as from MapsForge library I think.

Anyway glad you find usage for it. Currently there is not settings for these maps. System that is used directly for rendering is quite a simple and it should be easy to improve it, anyway I'm worried that using IMG maps violate "Terms of use" of Garmin, so I'll probably not public this feature as official in Locus and also will not work (too much) on improvements. I'm worried situation that was previously (more then two years ago) with online maps, when I had to remove almost half of all maps and users were really angry :)

And btw. new test version for interested people

So what does this mean exactly? Will I never see support for Garmin in the Pro release? Could it be a hidden feature enabled via the config file as to not draw attention from Garmin? It's really difficult to use any Garmin specific IMG files as their library is not human readable and files are broken up into lots of parts. However there are many websites that publish IMG files since Garmin is the most popular GPS. There are also lots of tools to create IMG files which comes in handy. How can these tools exist to create IMG files if there is risk for you to simply read/display them. Also, can it really violate their licensing if a person creates a IMG map with a third part tool? If there was another easy way to create a "vector" map with tracks I have I would be all for it but the only solution is to create SQLLite maps which has many shortcomings including zoom levels, file size, and possible transparency (for overlay).  Keep it a hidden feature that is not marketed, only accessible via forum knowledge and it shouldn't be an issue. If it ever becomes an issue then removing it wouldn't have the large impact that the other maps issue had.

Thanks!
  •