[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

Menion

what you mean by orientation? you mean rotation of map by compass? Here depend on selected filter for orientation or if you use internal hardware compass of GPS for orientation. This is part that should work same in Test as in last release
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Ok, the compass was switched to on. Maybe that was the problem. I'll try it tomorrow once again.

Can anyone please try to sort the recorded tracks by creation date and to sort them reverse? For me newest track is in both cases the last of 115.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"Can anyone please try to sort the recorded tracks by creation date and to sort them reverse? For me newest track is in both cases the last of 115.
Yep, can confirm sorting is working properly in latest Proversion but not in current Testversion.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "jusc"Ok, the compass was switched to on. Maybe that was the problem. I'll try it tomorrow once again.

The rotation problem seems to be solved, speed was to low and compass was switched on.
@menion,
but I would propose to make it possible to switch on or of the hardware compass in the compass screen too, like GPS in GPS screen.
Regards J.
  •  

joeloc

Using the new double tap and hold zooming, some tiles sometimes stay empty after zooming out. Locus simply displays "unknown problem". This is for RMAPs. Maybe a more specific error message in the tile would help spot the problem immediately :)

ps, could you update the expiry time please? one week is a bit harsh when on the road in offline territory :/

pps, i just lost the status of track selection again after a reboot. maybe it has something to do with the autobackup feature and trying to start locus too quickly?

sorting tracks by name doesnt work in the new beta. the track list is messed up nicely.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"news list
- added ability to shade ALL maps
- final integration of new ANT+ library (needs ANT Radio Service 4.1)
- added support for ANT+ temperature
- added support for Garmin IMG files (this is just a small bonus, don't expect big support here. I'm also not sure if this will be official feature)
- added new one-finger zoom
- improved export of GPX files (choose between version instead of "Garmin compatible")
- stronger altitude filtration for tracks
- fixed problems with settings own location sources
- added ability to hide tabs in satellite/compass screen
- many small speed optimizations
 Enjoy

I copied a OpenMTB map as gmapsupp.img to /maps but locus doesn´t see it. The map is about 325MB big.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

try to put them to mapsVector

to rest of You: almost all reported problems are fixed, I just do some slight improvements and publish version (with extended validity for joeloc) today
  •  

jusc

ok, that works, but I like the "mapsforge" Locus derivat.  :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

so do I :). There is also not a problem with "terms of use", like with these maps. But someone may find it useful, so why not. Also map programs usually allow to export to IMG rather then mapsforge format ...
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, I found yet another bug in tracks manager: copying selected track to another category leads to deadlock on progress dialog, operation never ends.

Sorry, it's not bug
  •  

locuscycling

Quote from: "menion"- final integration of new ANT+ library (needs ANT Radio Service 4.1)
- added support for ANT+ temperature

I saw your text about Locus 2.14...
Just one question becouse i am not sure  i should download new ANT Radio Service 4.1( I am still working with old Locus and old ANT Radio becouse Ant problems)

It will works without problems ( cadence,heartrate ) with new Locus version  ?
  •  

Menion

rather wait. There is still need for an update of Ant+ Plugins library ... suggest to watch this topic where you may read news if comes https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ger_add_on
  •  

locuscycling

Ok,Thanks for your link.
  •  

Menion

guys sorry for a delay. I was more then two days! stuck on this task https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... e_main_map ... it was really nightmare :). Current version is not perfect. There is need for ability to reproject maps on the fly, to allow overlay all possible maps, not matter what projection they has. But it should take much more days ... so for now, in new test version is final solution that should works fine.

otherwise, sorry if there will be any problems, expect that it's really a test version where major part around loading and zooming maps, was rewrote, so it may contain bugs ...
  •  

balloni55

V 2.14.1.7
QuoteGPS is forcibly turned off when the device is physically rotated to change screen orientation in GPS/Compass screen.
and mapscreen,
this problem is not solved
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •