[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

druki

Offline POIs not in this testing version?! Please bring it back, it's my favourite feature! :-*
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"20.8.2013 - Locus 2.14.1.5
I've noticed one more thing.

GPS is forcibly turned off when the device is physically rotated to change screen orientation in GPS/Compass screen.
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: thanks for GPX testing .. missing info on question button is known for me, have to do it (write some difference between versions), but I completely miss version on others formats :). Anyway weird is that shading do not work for you. In this case, there is no way, how Free (testing) version may affect setting of Pro version. And GPS, hmm have to check it

@druki: sorry, I'm put it back to next version (sooner for you ;) )
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotemenion wrote:20.8.2013 - Locus 2.14.1.5
Hi menion,
thank you for new testversion ;)
after short test i notice that there is a small bug while changing mapfolder.
After start, i can choose maps of online, personal or vector foldes, but it is not posible for me, if i had displayed a online or vectormap to display a personalmap :oops: i am only able to switch between online and vectormaps.
After restart for example is displayed a vectormap and i can select and display a personal map one times, switching to vectormap, the same as before. :?:

i have two vectormaps in the same folder, "Germany.map" and "Freizeitkarte.map", both maps are displayed well in official locuspro,
but in this testversion the map of the Freizeitkarte is not displayed well, only something like hillshading.

Hillshading works well with a "peronal.sqlite" but not with a "personal.rmap" also a rastermap createt with Compegpsl
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

silber1

S3mini: can not start shading. It always goes back to deaktivated.
What is one finger zoom?
Is there some information about the new beta features?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhat is one finger zoom?
look at
menue/Map-control&panels/The style map control/Google

onefinger doubleclick > zoom in
twofinger doubleklick > zoom out
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

balloni I'll check it, thanks

and one finger zoom is not what balloni wrote, but what tommi wrote here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3292&start=40#p23086 "double tap and then slide up or down"
  •  

silber1

up to now I only used "locus" I am not a friend of Google.
 I don't see an advantage of this feature: How to call menue, when this feature is activated? I like the Locus double click for right menue display much more. Additional you can use the hardware button to zoom in and out.
  •  

Menion

balloni confused you a little. Return control back to "Locus" style and forget on "Google". Even with Locus, just double tap on map with one finger. After second tap, hold finger on map! and just slide up or slide down with this finger while it's still on map
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
thanks for the new version.

1. Shading with own maps (these are my favorites e.g. Outdoor Active) is very very slow.
2. The test version does not reuse the last own map zoom factor, it shows after a new start always zoom 11 or 12 instead of the last used 16.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

silber1

one finger slide worked for me already with the former versions. Nothing new for me.
But S3mini: can not start shading. It always goes back to deaktivated.
Is there a special trick?
  •  

ta-ka

Hello silber1.

Quote from: "silber1"But S3mini: can not start shading. It always goes back to deaktivated.
Is there a special trick?
As I reported, this problem seems to happen only when both Test and Pro versions are installed.  Workaround below works for me.

a) enable/disable Shading maps by using Quick switch, but not through the settings menu.
b) enable/disable Shading maps through the settings menu of Pro version. The setting in Pro version also takes effect to Test version.
  •  

silber1

tricky, now I can switch on and off, but I don't see a shading effect?
  •  

PeterPablo

silber1, you need to manually download the hgt-files for the region you would like to have shading for, so that Locus has the elevation data needed for the calculation. You can download them from within locus by creating a temporary POI and then filling the altitude from the second TAB (advanced).

I hope this helps.

Peter
  •  

jusc

I made a tour with the test version. The orientation is not stable even while moving. In Locus Pro it's correct.
Tested with SGS2 and Note 2.
Regards J.
  •