[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

ta-ka

I've just noticed that 'nautical mile/h' and 'knots' coexist in [Localization] -> [Speed units]. Why?
They are the same by definition, aren't they?
  •  

Menion

@bucky kid: long press - I know, sorry. Screen turn "OFF" in random situations? It should not. Don't you have enabled turn on/off by gesture? And what you mean by zoom levels 100% and above?

@ta-ka: please read here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3305&p=22848#p22845
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"@ta-ka: please read here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3305&p=22848#p22845
Thanks and sorry. I didn't notice the discussion.

I have one more question about unit. Pressure unit of weather.
Is 'mBar' commonly used in the field of weather forecast in Europe?
In Japan, it was replaced with 'hPa' long time ago and 'mBar' is no longer used.
Of course they are mathematically the same.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIs 'mBar' commonly used in the field of weather forecast in Europe?
[attachment=0:1juhn2ne]hPa.png[/attachment:1juhn2ne]
in germany its also hPa :mrgreen:
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Henk van der Spek

hPa in the Netherlands too.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: "menion"And what you mean by zoom levels 100% and above?
Yes that was it. What are the gestures for turning off/on screen? Maybe this feature would be more useful active only in map view, would you consider to turn it off inside menus and dialogs? I have encountered many unintentional screen offs while editing route description with onscreen keyboard)
Quote from: "menion"And what you mean by zoom levels 100% and above?
I am mistaken that's nothing to do with magnifier but map zoom layer. So for layers up to 15 shading is present, for layers 16+ it's off. Would the shading be possible also for layers 16 and above?

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 2
  •  

jirka

Hi, excuse me for asking (I am probably retarded), but where can I download these test versions? Latest would do. I can't find any download link.
  •  

jusc

Normally in this thread in first post. But actually there is no test version. These test versions are most published near to the next official release as "release candidates" and test versions for a short time.
Regards J.
  •  

jirka

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked is that I'd like to test the offline POI database and it's supposed to work only with test/beta versions of Locus. In the thread
//http://forum.locusmap.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3267
the following is written:
Quoteinstall latest locus test version from here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3189#p21696 , at least 2.13.2.5, to make it work correctly
It is quite strange that the POI feature can be tested only in some short time intervals when new test version is released (even if it works in all of them). Is it possible to download at least the last testing version somewhere?
  •  

jusc

But menion has written, that he will publish test versions here, if the bugs are solved. So I think, we all have to wait. :wink:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

ahh perfect, today was released new version of ANT+ library on Google Play, so expect new test version soon. I'll be working on it today and tonight, but working version will be probably tomorrow ... there is not too much news now, because I worked on some server stuff, but ... you'll see
  •  

Menion

uff don't kill me after test of new version :) Expect that there may be a problems on places where all were fine before (handling with maps)

but that's why these are test versions right? Enjoy
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"20.8.2013 - Locus 2.14.1.5

WARNING: worst then BETA version :)
Really? Didn't meet any problem up to know :)

Vector maps don't seem to be a problem.

Quote from: "menion"- added new one-finger zoom
- fixed problems with settings own location sources
- added ability to hide tabs in satellite/compass screen
Tested, all ok.
The new one-finger zoom works really nice (double tap and then up or down). This is the kind of handling I wished also for the new zoom feature which can be started from the zoom buttons.
  •  

Menion

good to hear all works. There is really a lot of changes and fixes on background. Shading for personal maps was even more complicated then I thought. But now it works on completely all maps, on Rmap, MBT, Gemf, doesn't matter :)
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"20.8.2013 - Locus 2.14.1.5
It works very well without big problem. Here is what I've noticed.

- GPX version appears not only GPX but also KML, CSV, TCX, DXF.
- The question mark button on the right of the GPX version doesn't work.

- If both Pro and Test are installed, Enable/Disable Shading maps from Settings doesn't work on Test version. It only works on Pro and affect for both Pro and Test versions.
- Enable/Disable Shading maps by Quick switch works well for both Pro and Test independently.

- Shading itself works very nice for all online/personal/vector! Thanks!
  •