Need Help 4 Vector Maps

Started by loc-us, July 29, 2013, 23:04:52

john_percy

Whatever kech61 has done for his server, it didn't work properly for me, and it was only after I cleared the browser cache and restarted that I managed to get the latest map on download. (And yes, I also cleared the download folder.) This happened more than once for me, and on more than one updated map, so I know it's true!
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

loc-us

btw: i had downloaded the same map on the road in the truck with wlan on a company. on my small netbook there were no maps downloaded before. i build some folders an start downoad. at home i tried the "new" maps, but the same problem like before.

vector maps by downloading with locus-app -> they are much more bigger than the vector-maps on oprenandro...  hole norway with all zoom-level over 3 TB !!!! and only the path of my trip would be around more then 30 GB !!!  :D
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "loc-us"vector maps by downloading with locus-app -> they are much more bigger than the vector-maps on oprenandro...  hole norway with all zoom-level over 3 TB !!!! and only the path of my trip would be around more then 30 GB !!!  :D

what? norway has in Locus Store 330MB for download (550 extracted). On OpenAndroMaps, it will be similar
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "john_percy"Whatever kech61 has done for his server, it didn't work properly for me, and it was only after I cleared the browser cache and restarted that I managed to get the latest map on download. (And yes, I also cleared the download folder.) This happened more than once for me, and on more than one updated map, so I know it's true!

Hi John,

I dont say that you are wrong - I would never ever even think in this way, there are so many browsers, so much updates, so many options to be set - I try to stay compatible with all user configurations even if its expensive and even if google punish me in ranking couse of 1sec more of page loading. However, it is impossible, there is always a chance to fail for certain configs.
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

kech61

Quote from: "menion"what? norway has in Locus Store 330MB for download (550 extracted). On OpenAndroMaps, it will be similar

Norway on OAM is 312MB, its the same Mapwriter as for maps from LocusStore so there cant be much difference.
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

loc-us

i think, you missunderstood. i have downloaded the map of norway and the size is written a few lines over these. i thought, it would be possible to download the map with locus on the handy. i selected each zoom level and on the handy was shown in green letters, that 5xxx pieces of map are able to download. more than these 5xxx pieces were not able and written in red letters. on each level you can see how big this zoom level would be after downloading. so select all zoom levels and then you came up on more than 30 gb - and that was only the path of my route.

if you want hole norway it runs up to 6166,67 GB !!!!!!! i placed a foto so you can see it :D

but there is another problem; maybe you can help me. i use pocket queries from geocaching.com an to download these, i use a tool called "pocket query" - name is programm. but the time i "learned" and playes with locus, i found an option to download pocket queries directly into the handy so that i do not have to use this tool. i searched but did not found it. do you know, where this option is hidden? to say it accurate, this option is in a co-app called "geocaching4locus". with this co-app it is possible to have access to the geocaching-account and exchange files between server and handy.

ist it known an help possible?
  •  

gynta

:shock:
And your phone type is 00000. right ? :roll:

loc-us

:roll: what means "00000"?
EDIT: i see. i have not seen that in profile is an option to notice handydetails... :D
  •  

gynta

In your profile..

btw
We talking about vector maps.
So move the Norway.map to folder ..Locus/mapsVector/

loc-us

:roll: ok. so the locus-app downloads "raster". that was the mistake. so, whats about the "pocket query"-option in locus? hope to find some advice.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "loc-us":roll: ok. so the locus-app downloads "raster". that was the mistake.
if you need vector - locus download vector too.
Just look in my sig..

Quoteso, whats about the "pocket query"-option in locus? hope to find some advice.
Please open a new topic for this..