Text to speech for poi alarm

Started by Yogibaer, July 19, 2013, 17:03:04

Yogibaer

Hello Menion,

thank you for Locus Pro, my most used and beloved hike&bike app.  :D  :D  :D

You've already introduced text2speech for the guiding feature along a track. In my mind it is  a superb solution for an Outdoor navigation app!  :!:
Is it possible to get this feature for the poi Alarm too, I mean to speak the name of the poi?  :?:
Background: sometimes people deliver their tracks with some interesting pois like a nice view or a waterpump I don't like to miss. Or e.g. there is a possibilty to let gpsies create Km markers what in my mind is useful.

Btw. if i activate the text2speech option for guiding, does this include the notification for leaving the track if I'm too silly (or deaf for a moment) to follow your guiding instructing and run the wrong way? I've never tried it out so far, but I think you know about this feature without doing experiments close an edge. :oops:  :lol:
Edit2: Just tried out: Leaving the track will be ignored if you guide track to trackpoint (option: next point automatic choosed by guiding).
Could this be improved e.g. by the possibilty to activate both options (notification at point change AND to large distance from track) or point changing includes leaving the track (my favorite)?

Thank you!

Greetings Frank

Edit: I just see this issue was discussed under several topics (partial for more than 1 year), I didn't remark because the topics were (partly) misleading, e.g. waypoint alarm or just alarm or anything like that. Sorry!  :oops:

But I can't find a statement if it has a chance to get real or not. Thanx!
  •  

Yogibaer

Correction to:
QuoteBtw. if i activate the text2speech option for guiding, does this include the notification for leaving the track if I'm too silly (or deaf for a moment) to follow your guiding instructing and run the wrong way? I've never tried it out so far, but I think you know about this feature without doing experiments close an edge. :oops:  :lol:
Edit2: Just tried out: Leaving the track will be ignored if you guide track to trackpoint (option: next point automatic choosed by guiding).
Could this be improved e.g. by the possibilty to activate both options (notification at point change AND to large distance from track) or point changing includes leaving the track (my favorite)?

I have to correct myself while doing more 'experiments' today:
So, if you leave the track, then you only will be guided back if you approach to another trackpoint that is closer to you than the last selected trackpoint by Locus guiding. It depends much of the track and your position on the track whether it is more or less probably that you go to anywhere without a notification. If you do not anything from Locus for a while it's a good idea to take a look to the map  ;)

But nevertheless I only have to take a look very seldom to the display. Guidings text2speech is a big help.
  •  

Menion

Hi Frank,
  yes topics about TTS and guiding along track was discussed quite a lot of time here. It's something that have not a big priority for me, but something I sometimes work on :). So I slowly improve it, but some major problems remain. I anyway suggest to check some topics on https://getsatisfaction.com/locus and eventually vote or comment there.

About POI alert, it's quite interesting idea and I think "why not". Anyway because it should take a longer time to implement, I suggest to put this also on getSatisfaction. If there will be bigger interest, I'll look at it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •