[APP] - version 0.9.28

Started by Menion, March 13, 2011, 10:14:18

Menion

16.3.2011 - Locus 0.9.28.9, AR 0.1.3
All maps well tested, so old maps should work well after first init. Hope that no one have now no problem with map visibility! This is RC before release. Difference is only that this version have enabled AR in menu and My Maps and also is disabled advertisement which will be enabled in market version.
  • import of geocache into old category (anyway better is to create new now)
  • finally fully working check wheather same point is in database
  • some other fixs and little speed improvements

15.3.2011 - Locus 0.9.28.6
So recommendation from 0.9.28.1, 2 is STILL VALID! so do backup of Locus dir before update
  • when I'm updating SQLite map database, I did second update! Now map contain information about center in database. This is created also during initialization. You can also set center manually by long click on offline SQL map. I think this is handy feature, what you think?
  • added Italian translation, thanks guys!
  • many fixs, slowly going to be RC

14.3.2011 - Locus 0.9.28.1, 0.9.28.2, ...
Hi, now come a little changes. I have finally all what I need to sell on market. I have this prepared for a long time but now it come to be true. Locus is separating into two branches.

I really hate to take back something what I gave, so all features that are actually in Locus will remain in free version too!!! Only difference will be advertisement in free version. New features that are something like bonus (so not really necessary to full work of app) will be usually created in two versions. First is Augmented reality addon. It will work in both, only in free will be killed after one minute of usage.

Also will be easier for you to test new versions. Pro version will be updated slowly and only well tested. All new features will be first tested on free version. You can have installed both at same time, they have different signature, but will work with same data on SD card of course.

I'll write about it something more later.

And one think. I have not tested this all yet and it's my first payed app on market, but I really want to add this payed version for free to those who help me a lot with work on locus here on forum as well as with translation and more, so if I'll not be able to refund money on market back to you, count that I'll send you directly on bank account or paypal!! We'll talk about this later ;)

So news finally ..

Important!! - database for points and maps has changed. So beforu update, backup rather whole Locus directory. I tested it really long but rather. Also count then when you use new version, database will change and it will not work well if you return back to old Locus version. So really rather backup whole Locus directory. You can then revert this dir as well as version to older if you want. Also when any problem, something do not work as before. Write me immediately!!

NEWS: new version with fixed support for MOBAC maps.

• re-writted handling of sqlite map files. Now all intializing things are stored in SQLite map file. So if you create map in Locus, initialization of 2GB map, takes cca 1sec ;). (already created maps need reinit). Initialization of external map is long same as actually. Anyway, when you delete cache directory, init values will be still stored in your SQLite map file, so init for second time will be fast!
  • fixed problems with Yandex map (online/offline too!!). For offline, Yandex maps have to be created with new locus version. Old will not work. If you have downloaded big SQlite map and don't want to download all new, I can write description how to convert this, but count that this is not so simple
  • new way how to import duplicate data points. Now are geocaching data tested on GC code, normal points then on name
  • some other small tweaks and fixs

13.3.2011 - Locus 0.9.28
  • new version released on market
  • same version as on market with enabled AR and My Maps again published here ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

at least in german translation:  in Einstellungen (settings), Karte (map) the both check boxes at the bottom are the same "Drehwinkel Modifizierung" (angel of rotation ??)

[edit] solved look below [/edit]
J.
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

Make your device Auto-Rotate and you'll see the full text of the settings...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

maybe missunderstood: I see "Drehwinkel Modifizierung" twice.
J.
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

That is correct. One is "Drehwinkelmodifizierung (Hochformat)" and the other one is "Drehwinkelmodifizierung (Querformat)".

There should be also different subtitles...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

Now I understand.  Subtitles are a little small for me without glasses :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

so new version for testing. Please read information before update. Some reply are welcome, what you think and so on ... thanks guys ;)
  •  

jusc

0.9.28.1 installed.
I had 7 maps in locus maps folder, a few created with MOBAC all together about 2.8 GB. Reinitilaizing takes about 15 minutes. But I see only 4 user maps.
Pressing + button I can choose more maps to import. But I can´t see them. :(

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm is there any dependence like maps from locus are there and from mobac no, or big no, small yes? Weird ...
  •  

Menion

ah problem founded thanks to scinkk, thanks. Hope that you have maps backup ready, you'll need it :)
  •  

jusc

A smaller one I could add after a new try by pressing the + button. But my favourite map always "says" : allready added. But I can´t find the map.
Is there any chance to reinitialze?

J.

Ah cross mailing, backup yes. At least the maps :-)
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

fine, I'm sorry, there were mistake with maps from mobac. So please reload backup but remain it safe. Second times it have to work (i'm not using mobac so don't know about this issue).
  •  

jusc

It looks better, 8 minutes for 7 maps 2,8GB all together. I find now all maps.  :)
But now I made a very small track around our house. Circle changed to arrow but recording shows after 100 meters 0 m without any red recorded line. Tested with internal and external gps .

[EDIT] ... settings changed.. I will try once more.. pls wait a moment. [/EDIT]

[EDIT] is ok. After changeing (default interval in meters) from 25m to 5m [/Edit]

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm so you moved more then 100m and no point saved? Weird, have to check. And I also founded bug in 0.9.28.2 with import of points. Sorry fix soon :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"hmm so you moved more then 100m and no point saved? Weird, have to check. And I also founded bug in 0.9.28.2 with import of points. Sorry fix soon :)

sorry it works.  Nothing to do for you:  The intervall has changed to 25 meters by default. My setings before have been 5 m. I didn´t see it at the first time. After a second try (look above) it was ok so far.

J.
Regards J.
  •