Locus Pro crashes during start-routine

Started by shushuk, July 10, 2013, 08:17:00

shushuk

Hi,
I hope someone can help me: I use Locus Pro very frequently but am unable to start it anymore...

I installed 2.13.1, I think it worked for some times normally (But I am not sure about that, because I rarely used it the last few days).

2 days ago it started to crash again and again when I try to start locus. Mostly the following happens:
During start routine between 60-70% (,,Vorheriger Status" – ,,Tracks" (I use the german version)), it takes abnormally long, then at 80% at ,,Initialisierung...Online-Karten - Kartenelemente  it crashes.

In rare cases the start routine finishes (still after abnormally long 60-70%), but at first action it crashes.

I created a Catlog File as described and sent it per mail.

Do I have access to recorded tracks on my sd-card? Mayby one of the last tracks is broken somehow?!?
Or is there a Maximum size for tracks-db?

However, I definitely need locus on Saturday for several days (Mountainbike-tour in the alps)!!!!
I have an older Version of Locus Free installed but don't want to mess up database-versions.

I use an unrooted Defy with Android 2.2.2

Thanx for any assistance!!!
shushuk
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'm searching for an email on all possible places, but cannot find any. May you check if was send correctly

anyway, moto defy is worst device for Locus I know :). Sorry, but I had to say. Don't know if it's because so much people use it, or because it's so Locus unfriendly, but most problems with memory comes from people with defy.

Locus needs quite a lot of memory for correct run and mainly 2.X versions of android usually allow only 16-24MB, which is really low. And defy maybe less then this. In your case it will be probably problem of memory. Locus is probably try to load too huge track (that's why it took so much time) and maybe if you have also activated vector maps - it's a dead combination.

So till I receive your email, I suggest to remove manually all hidden files in Locus/data/database. Not databases itself!! but all files that starts with "dot". Rather backup your locus/data/database directory before. This will reset what should be loaded at start and should help on your problem

let me know
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

shushuk

Thanks menion,
sent the mail again to the same adress (support.locus_at_asamm.com). Maybe a typo, have to check.

Anyhow, thanks for your reply! I did not have any troubles with Defy till now, it was a reliable companion the last years. And should also be in future till anything breaks. If there is an older  Version of Locus which is less memory-consuming - let me know. Maybe its better not to use the latest version with new features and improvements but to have a more stable verion on this device.

I just tried your suggestion - and it works at the moment. Thanx!!!  :D  Have to try it for the next days.
I remember now that I checked all tracks in my 'recorded'-folder (about 75 tracks) by mistake some days ago. I was able to uncheck them again after some time, but maybe the troubles started from this.

My tracks.db is about 16MB - a critical size? So it would be better to export tracks to an archive folder on sd-card and import them when needed.

BTW: no vector-map was selected, but a sqlitedb (a large one)

Hope you receive the mail now.
shushuk
  •  

Menion

perfect, good to hear that problem is solved. I'm not sure if new locus if more memory consuming then previous. Because I'm doing quite a lot of various optimizations, I think that last locus version should be even less memory consuming then previous versions! Number of features isn't important if they're not active. Same with your track database. If you do not have these tracks visible, it's not a problem. You should have database 100 MB big and it will not be a problem. But one problem occur - in such huge database, expect reduced performance when loading/deleting/editing tracks.

And email found in spam, sorry ... and yes, it's out of memory during start
  •  

Henk van der Spek

2.13.1 can be recommendend for the Defy  :D
Fast startup
Fast zooming and panning, even at zoomlevel 9 with the famous Netherlands-hike vector map (without crashing).

I wish I had this one before our last hike (where I was fighting with battery life during guiding) so that I could say something about it, but I keep you posted after our next hike.
Because it is faster it must be better, because less screen on time  ;)
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

good to hear. Seems that time on improvements was invested correctly :)
  •