turn on display on waypoint

Started by berkley, July 06, 2013, 22:34:06

berkley

Quote from: "Tusor"A collegue of mine had an Nokia N8 with an outdoor navigation software which turned on the display whenever a new waypoint came near.

Very nice feature!!!

Mod:
spit topic.
orig thread from
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3178&p=21680#p21653
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Tusor

Quote from: "berkley"Very nice feature!!!
Definitely. And I think Android has all the possibilities to enable this feature. For instance, I use GTasks as ToDo-App. It's notifications are placed infront of the lock screen and switch on the display. That's the behaviour I would like Locus to do.
  •  

Menion

hmm you won't believe me, but I already spend on searching for a way how to programmatically turn on a screen, more then few hours and without success. So in case of Locus, it's not a problem of lazyness etc. but for me a problem if inability to do it... for now :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tusor

Quote from: "menion"hmm you won't believe me, but I already spend on searching for a way how to programmatically turn on a screen, more then few hours and without success. So in case of Locus, it's not a problem of lazyness etc. but for me a problem if inability to do it... for now :)

Hi Menion,
sorry when it sounded like I wouldn't believe you this. I know how many features you developed. Maybe you can ask the guys from GTasks for a hint how they managed it?
  •  

Menion

nono, it do not sound like this, it was just a "phrase" :)

if GTask turn on screen only if dialog with some notification appear, in this way I was also able to do it in Locus. But problem was dialog that remain on screen and all this looks quite weird in the end. I'll give it time, and I'm sure, any solution will occur
  •  

Tusor

That sounds OK. If you need anyone for testing, just ask.
  •  

Menion

ehm .. implemented :)
  •