Big Geotiff to Locus Map offline

Started by odisseudeitaca, July 06, 2013, 19:00:37

odisseudeitaca

First I want to thank the developers of Locus, this is a great app. However, I encountered a problem: I bought the pro version, but I can not convert some maps in "Big Geotiff" I created in Global Mapper to a standard file offline recognized by Locus. I tried to use the MAPC2MAPC (by the way, there would be another software more stable and functional?) in any way imaginable, but in all the result is always the same error messages. I tried to still use the files I generated for Oruxmaps (*. Db *. Xml), but could not make them work in Locus (locus crashe and close). On labor issues, I urgently need to get the Locus read my custom maps. Could someone help me? Already very grateful.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  seems you experience a lot of crashes. Is your map so huge or is this happen also with smaller once? Because all *.sqlite or *.db (orux), or *.gemf or *.mbt maps should be working. If not, it's a bug and I'll gladly fix it if you share your map with me

I personally do not know any better software for map conversion because I don't use them, but maybe someone on forum.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

odisseudeitaca

Hello, Menion,

My GeoTIFFs are really great, one has 465 mb, the other has 21, 5 mb (58388x 55378 px, 96 dpi). I try to make them available via dropbox. Could analyzes them better this way? Thank you!

edit 1
I have sent the files to the public folder of dropbox, now just wait for the upload complete:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jdzpgucmiag5y5/9WZrQsye6C

edit 2
By the way, the files "*. Db" and "*. Xml" work properly in Oruxmaps. Do you think it would be appropriate to make them available for analysis as well? Again, thank you!

edit 3
Also I uploaded the folders and Seccionas Cotia_Oxu with the corresponding files from the Oruxmaps
  •  

Menion

ufff, worst was no to fix this problem, it was just on hour work, but I spend few hours till I uploaded 4GB big map into device. Terrible experience :)

Anyway, thank you for a sharing. There were problem in Locus with reading configuration files. In next publish version or in any testing version, this will be fixed. If there will be any more problematic maps, best is usually to send me some sample. It's not necessary to send such huge maps. You may try to create small, for example 10MB big map, and if it will have same problem, send it to me
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

odisseudeitaca

Rs, rs, rs... Ok, Menion...

Very, very, thank's!!!!
  •