Icon size

Started by forlax_12, July 01, 2013, 08:23:43

forlax_12

Hi menion

Did you change the behavior of the field scale in the vector map theme file for the <symbol> section :
<symbol src="file:/symbols/hospital.png" force-draw="1" scale="1.5" />

Because since the new version the icon are smaller !

Best regards
  •  

jusc

It seems so. I´didn´t know that this ("scale="1.5") for *.png icons works too.  :o  :mrgreen:
But as far as I can see it´s the same if you use my new theme V-Scale (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3187) all icons are smaller and too small for me. :-)
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
There weren't any changes related with vector themes in last version. Could you please provide some screenshots with same zoom-level but with different scale parameter?  Scale parametr should works also for PNG icons
Thanks
Petr
  •  

jusc

It´s hard to prove, because I don´t have an older version of Locus. The Locus free versions like 2.12.2.9 are expired.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm there really was no changes in this field last version. Wait, I'll rather check repository ... so yes, there were small changes in rescaling but they affect all scaling at once, not just PNG images. So if there is any problem, it should be on PNG/SVG images, texts and some other places where locus rescale any items ... I should anyway provide older version or test it by myself if you say me where to test
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

It was  my impression. P. e try Hamburg and compare the icons in the city.
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

I didn't express correctly. I only want to know if parameter SCALE influences the size of *.png icons. (no matter if they are smaller than in previous release)
  •  

jusc

@Peter,

ah ok, yes this works.  Comparsion PNG vs. SVGs

1. PNGs
in the first comparsion I scaled the bollard icon to "scale=2". You see the difference between the sizes but you see also that not scaled icons become smaller at higher zoom levels. The postbox is almost not recognizable in zoom level 19 and the quality of pngs (bollards) will not become better by scaling. The bollards become more diffuse.
Click on the screen for better view.
[attachment=1:3nfux6w4]sc1.jpg[/attachment:3nfux6w4]

2. SVGs
In this case the SVGs are growing together with the zoom level and the quality of the icons is better, particular in higher zoom levels.
This is the better choice I think.  :D
Regards J.
  •  

forlax_12

Hi Menion

Yes, you can send me the older version for test.

Is it possible to have a parameter to set the icon size like the texte for the vector map?

regards
  •  

voldapet

Hi Guys,
I've compared the size of PNG icon between version 2.11.1 and the last one 2.13.1. I have to say no difference. Icon has the same size in both versions. I've compared zoom-levels 18, 19, 20.

Maybe one point: You need to use parameter scale-icon-size if you want to re-scale icon during zoom-in/zoom-out.
  •