[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

michaelbechtold

Quote from: "gazoox"
Quotenews:
main news:
- introducing new map of the world as vector map that cover world for 1-8 zoom levels when using vector maps (extract attached file into Locus/mapsVector directory and enjoy)
+1

A nice future improvement after this feature arrives might be an option to use a sqlite map...

Sorry if this sounds annoying. Using a bitmaps targets exactly my demands. Maybe not now, maybe in the future..

You are not alone ;-)
It would be great to have a CHOICE. Also re. the level of switching to the alternate map. Now it is at 8, it should be configurable (in cfg file, if you feel that there is no room in the app itself ...). I made a level 10 SQLite map (land, ocean up to level 7) last year when I used Maverick (before I got addicted to Locus  ;) , an dit is just 1.5 GB e.g.. And osmandromaps has a 700 MB level 4 - 9 SQLite one.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"should be fixed now (crowdin)
Thanks!!! :D

I also found the funny behavior of the "Missing translation" filter at crowdin and worked around as gynta suggested in the translation topic.
  •  

ta-ka

May I ask a simple question? Why "Shading maps" is not available for personal maps?
  •  

Menion

because loading of personal maps works in little bit different way, that currently do not allow using shading. I currently have no idea how to simply do it, but I'm sure, soon or later it will come to my mind ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ta-ka

I see.  I'll wait in hope. ;)
  •  

gynta

In this case: Please add "map shading" to "quickswitch"panel.
Not all maps need shading. On the other hand - i want  it in some  maps.
and switching in settings is..  äh..  not so smart  :)

Menion

don't worry .. already added. I just needed to create icon so that's why it wasn't in current test version ...
  •  

balloni55

Quotedon't worry .. already added. I just needed to create icon
and please create a quick klick possibility to to download missing hgt data.
my method:
Add new point/advanced/new Altitude/download/save/close locus to clean te cache/ start locus
[attachment=0:3cq7tb6x]hgt.png[/attachment:3cq7tb6x]
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

"clean the cache"? - why this?

anyway sorry, in this case I cannot serve. We plan to include pack of HGT files directly into locus store. So you'll just click on "Austria", and there will be Vector map, Poi database, Elevation files (hgt) etc.
  •  

balloni55

Quote"clean the cache"? - why this?
without closeing locus the hillshade is not displayed by me :oops:
QuoteWe plan to include pack of HGT files directly into locus store
thats a good idea :)
is it possibble to store this data on the extern SD :?:
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"ah sorry. I copy part of this settings dialog from other settings and this is a result. Thank you problem fixed ...

@tommi: hope it works fine
yep, exactly as in my sweetest dreams ;-)
  •  

Menion

@balloni: just try to zoom in/out. Or maybe enable autoloading of vector maps (this will disable caching of vector maps that may cause problems). And storing HGT on card .. files have to be stored in Locus/data directory, so you may move whole Locus directory to you card, but not single HGT files
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tommi"Guiding issues:
- I used a track in reverse direction. The info graph is displayed from original start to end from left to right, so far ok. But the marker for the current position is running also from left to right => wrong, either graph or marker need to run from right to left.
Not fixed in 2.14.0.
  •