[APP] - version 2.13.X+ (updated 1.8.2013)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2013, 19:50:00

tommi

Quote from: "Locus9999"Have been waiting for the automatic Google Play upgrade.
Last posting on Play is June 30, 2013 for ver  2.13.1.
Here on the forum there are just few beta versions. Next playstore version will be likely 2.13.2 somewhere in the next weeks.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"Hi tramps, I'm comparing month old code and except yesterday change with some notifications, there is absolutely no change that should affect GPS handling. Another mystery?

Hi menion,
I have these GPS problems since the first test versions 2.13.1.1.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3189&start=40#p21855
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3189&start=100#p22283

Over 4 days I tested all what I could think of.
The market versions 2.13.1 (free and pro, shortly LP) are definitively not affected.
I de-installed the test versions and tried a new configuration.
1.Sunday afternoon (starting with a bad Locus Test (shortly LT) I tried:
reboot, delete all files in datagps to force a GPS coldstart and hundred others: no success.
Then I wiped cache and dalvick cache and renew all permissions: LT had after 10 secs a good fix during the rest of the day :-)
I switched the phone to flight mode and put it aside.
2. The next morning I started a tour with LT: after 20 mins only 1-2 sats and no fix. Rebooting does not help, so I started LP and after 10 secs 6-7 sats and a fix.
At the summit I had 11/11 sats, I stopped LP and with LT I had 11/11 too.
In the evening flight mode again.
3. The next day exact the same behavior.
4. Yesterday evening I did not switch to flight mode and now this morning  LT get a fix after ~20 secs.

Did you perhaps use other Android functions or procedures to get GPS data or do you delete a cache or other data in the test versions?
I will surely be desperated when the new market version will be released :-(

Another one:
This morning I made a short trip to buy something and returned within 30 mins.
The first track (...:46a) was made with Locus Test (I heard the lost fix several times), the second track (..:50b) back to home was made with Locus Pro (2.13.1).
You can see the difference: the test version has problems with holding the fix.
I have this behavior since the first test versions too.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

ta-ka

Please find attached a report of translation texts which is used more than once in locus for different purpose. I tried to make the list easy to read, but not so good... sorry.  I hope it is useful.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "tramp20"Did you perhaps use other Android functions or procedures to get GPS data or do you delete a cache or other data in the test versions?

Maybe it´s the phone?
As far as I can see, there are no such problems with Note 2 (4.2.2), but I will try to make some tests tomorrow with my S2 (4.0.4).
Regards J.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "jusc"
Quote from: "tramp20"Did you perhaps use other Android functions or procedures to get GPS data or do you delete a cache or other data in the test versions?

Maybe it´s the phone?
As far as I can see, there are no such problems with Note 2 (4.2.2), but I will try to make some tests tomorrow with my S2 (4.0.4).

Sure, because i am the only one with this problem :-(

But why do the two versions behave so different at the same time and place?
Until the versions 2.12 I had absolute no difference between the market and test versions.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P970
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

john_percy

I like the "world map". Is there any possibility of applying a custom theme to it? All the road colours change when I zoom out (though it's not the worst thing in the world and I could live with it!)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

hi guys,
  I'm sorry but tomorrow (already today) in early morning I leave for 5-6 days on hiking trip, so excuse me for a while. I just updated testing version to latest code. There are some updates but version isn't tested, so if there will be an serious problem, please Gynta or Matthias, delete it in first post, thanks.

Enjoy next days and hope you prepare some list of bugs and absolutely needed improvements since I came back.

@john: it's not planned. I hope that we find optimal settings for this world map theme. Currently it's build-in without ability to change and I hope it will remain in this way.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "menion"22.7.2013 - Locus 2.13.1.5
Is it possible to include the updated crowdin translation files into the next test version too? thx
Quote from: "menion"yes sure. so next time ... ;)
1.6 is out, and...?

Menion

sorry, I'm little bit in hurry ... fixed ;)

EDIT: I just notice that points screen ignore translation, so next time
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "tramp20"But why do the two versions behave so different at the same time and place?
Until the versions 2.12 I had absolute no difference between the market and test versions.

I tested version 2.13.1.5 this morning with the Galaxy S2. It takes a longer time to get a fix about 5 minutes.  Maybe there was also a problem to get the fix, because I moved on foot in this time.  After getting the Fix Track recording was nor problem.
But because 2.13.1.7 is out, I will make another test later this day.
Regards J.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: "menion"I see a message from crowdin "This string is marked as duplicate and should not be translated". So seems that it block translation, because in english, it has same meaning. Hmm ... I'll try to fix them.
The missing texts at cwordin have got missing again...

I'm sure that you have tried something to fix the problem because when I was browsing the crowdin on 24th July I actually saw some texts appearing. But at least on 26th July, they disappeared again.
  •  

eldron

Hi,
I was playing around with the latest Testversion to check out the new Offline POIs, World Map and Hillshading for Vector Maps.
Maybe someone can help me with a few issues:
Hillshading: Is it possible to download the HGT Files (required for the hillshading) in any other manner than by creating a track and filling in the height Information?
Maybe download the file for a whole country from somewhere? At the moment i can only see the hillshading around areas where i have created a track.
Offline POIs: Is it possible to show the POIs directly on the map (e.g. show all campsites nearby) or can u only select them in the POI list and then export them as a waypoint?

I also love the new world map, as it loads a lot quicker than the usual low zoom levels (although it seems that the loading speed of vector maps has improved once again). But it seems that there is still a little problem with the display of country names (some are missing, sometimes the word is half missing,overlay problems with capitals etc.). I tried this with several themes.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "eldron"Hillshading: Is it possible to download the HGT Files (required for the hillshading) in any other manner than by creating a track and filling in the height Information? Maybe download the file for a whole country from somewhere? At the moment i can only see the hillshading around areas where i have created a track.
after using the forum "search" function, i found viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2936&hilit=hgt

Menion

@ta-ka: please check if texts can be translated. Maybe they're already marked as "Translated"? I'll check it once more. In probably 25. I uploaded new texts on crowdin, so it's possible that it marked texts again as duplicate ... hope not. And thanks for list of incorrect translations. I don't rather want to think, how much time you had to spend on this ...

@eldron: packs of HGT files for every country are planned and will be in new version of Locus Store, which is in very slow preparation. I suggest to download HGT files over Locus more then from any alternative sources, because these HGT files, should be completely without holes and little bit optimized. Offline POIs - when you display any list of pois, on top is icon of map which display all visible points in list on map. And finally, problem with labels on vector maps .. it's not a problem just of the world map. By this suffer all vector maps. I was trying to fix it, but result is still not perfect, I know ....
  •  

eldron

@gynta thanks for the link, i found a couple of threads about that topic, but not that one.
@menion
Welcome back, hope you had a nice hiking trip!
So am i getting this right - at the moment there is no other way (within locus) to download the hgt files than to fill in the height information?
So if i want to see the height information of a new place i have to draw a little mini track and fill in the info or is there an easier way that i am not seeing?
I know that these are all beta functions, so i am not complaining, just curious.
Offline POIs - thanks, i would have never guessed that the map symbol was there for displaying the POIs on the map - works like a charm!
Vector Maps - I really hope that one day the labeling for vector maps gets sorted out. How comes that it is so difficult?
It works so much better on Tilemaps and surely they were at some stage only computer generated as well.
As of now i still prefer my Tilemaps, as they load instantly and show me all the street and town names.

Can´t wait until all these great new functions leave their Beta Status!
  •